a dillydallyknitter: Spill Your (Purse) Guts

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Spill Your (Purse) Guts

This week's Blogstalking 2 assignment: Show us your purse guts.

I have a decent collection of purses in my closet but I'm too lazy to switch purses from day to day so I normally carry a big black one. I picked it up and dumped it on the table and found:
  1. 1 wallet (which can grow to George Costanza size if left unchecked)
  2. empty sunglasses case
  3. pair of sunglasses (not in case)
  4. checkbook (I rarely write checks so I'm not sure why it's here)
  5. matching tissue pouch (looking a little grungy these days)
  6. Excedrin & Advil (in the best little Tupperware party freebie ever)
  7. open bottle of water
  8. camera memory card
  9. Cinnamon flavored mints
  10. green mesh zip bag with band aids, hand sanitizer, nail file and hand cream
  11. silver mesh zip bag with 2 lipsticks and face powder (note: 1 lipstick is empty and was my favorite color which has been discontinued. Have no idea why I'm holding on other than I'm in denial)
  12. employee badge (normally on the front seat of my car)
  13. business card holder with business cards inside
  14. 2 gift certificates I've been carrying around since December 2006: One $20 Westfield mall certificates and a Starbucks card with unknown amount
  15. nail shop appt. card reminder for an appt. 2 weeks ago, crumpled
  16. 6 pens (I'm a pen klepto-I covet Dr. office pens that say things like "Xanax")
  17. Passport (In case I need to leave the country on a moment's notice)
  18. Hello Kitty train pass holder with BART tickets inside
  19. used tissue (euw!)
  20. Jo-Ann's receipt
  21. Blackberry device
  22. Bluetooth headset device
  23. instructions on how to use bluetooth device
  24. rubber ear things for the bluetooth device that don't fit
  25. 2 hair bands
  26. empty Imodium blister pack & some cookie crumbs
  27. $1.72 in loose change

And of course, the most important thing of all:


Momma Monkey Sock bag, needles & yarn!

The only thing about knitting I regret is not learning it sooner. Having a knitting bag means never being bored in the [ airport, waiting room, movies, conference call] again.

"Oh geez, if this blog gets any more boring, I'm outta here. Why couldn't I have been adopted by Crazy Aunt Purl?"

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger Sam said...

I don't know how men do it - everything in the purse has a purpose! What do you do if you have a sudden blister and no band-aids? You, madam, are well prepared.

(OMG your cat so cute awwwwww)

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Virtuous said...

Okay so where is the kitchen sink?? LOL

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe..wise acre kitty!! Some familiar objects in there! :)

 
At 4:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I'd be interested to know how much all that weighs!

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I thought Gangsta Kitties stole purses? Check out the "I own this purse" paw placement there!

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

How do you lug that around all day - it must weigh a ton ;)
Still, there wasn't much in that list that I wouldn't class as essential :0

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Jo said...

Except when you forget your knitting bag when you have to go on a 3 hour car ride as a passenger!!! How heavy is your bag with all this stuff in it?

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thatsa lotta stuff!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

Looks like the essentials to me.

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO COOL!
You have very interesting purse guts and I dig your commentary!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

I love you Cpurl, you totally made me feel slightly better about my purse. Plus you have more pens than I do! I only had 4.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Virtuous said...

Hey I am trying to catch up with you! Could you please send me an e-mail please at crimsondiva1999@yahoo.com :o)

Thanks!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

You purse seems very prepared for life.

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to personally thank you for not opening the receipt-filled wallet. You know my position there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home