a dillydallyknitter: Sweet Saturday

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Sweet Saturday

My sister often taunts me with photographs of yummy cupcakes she gets at her LCS (local cupcake store) so today I get to return the favor. This one's for you Casey!

A few days before Stitches, I actually finished a knitted object that wasn't a dishcloth. It's the Gathered Scarf knit out of a skein of A Verb For Keeping Warm Alpaca Silk yarn that I bought at Lambtown last year:

Pattern: Gathered Scarf
Yarn: A Verb for Keeping Warm Alpaca Silk 70% baby alpaca 30% silk
Needles: Size 7 & size 4 needles

The yarn feels good against my skin and I love wearing it. One skein was the perfect amount to make one long scarf:


It's the simplest of patterns but I liked knitting it so much that I bought some kidsilk haze at the Purlesence booth at Stitches in a dark teal shade to knit a second one.

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I like it! It looks great on you. It also looks like it's sickeningly soft.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Casey said...

ooh! I want that cupcake!! :)

Scarf is gorgeous, you look great!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Gah. I could lick my laptop that cupcake looks so good.

And that scarf is awesome! And you are just too cute. :)

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Manda said...

Love it!! :) I hope your cupcake was as good as mine. :D

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger LeftCoast Knits said...

MMMMM my cupcake was good too!!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

That scarf looks fabulous on you!! Love it! I'm working on my second one too!

Yummy cupcake!! Yum yum!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Virtuous said...

The perfect kiss of silk around your neck!! I will have to be on the look out for that yarn! Never heard of it! And Delish cupcake!! :o)

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Kristine said...

Beautiful. And pairing it with a cupcake, perfect.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger weezalana said...

What a fab scarf! The color is terrific on you, and it looks so light and fluffy - like that cupcake!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Love the scarf! So cute on you! Yeah..did anyone leave me any cupcake ;) An LCS hahaha love it!

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger bmom said...

That's a gorgeous scarf and it looks great on you!

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Marisol said...

Nice new scarf! I actually made it to Verb this year:D Pretty happy about that.

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

I LOVE that scarf! Such a pretty pattern and you chose a wonderful yarn for it. Looks fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home