a dillydallyknitter: Weekend Wrap up

Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekend Wrap up

A few weeks before the Seasocks Cruise, I decided I needed a black wrap and picked out the Gale Stole as a quick and easy one to do. That, and the pattern is supposed to evoke "gusting ocean breezes" which turned out to be a good prediction of our cruise weather conditions:

Unfortunately, being a slow knitter with poor time management skills, I ended up about 3-4 repeats short and never finished it in time to wear on the Cruise. Disappointed, I tossed it aside and let it sit in the corner and finally, while watching the Sex & the City Movie on Saturday night, I finished it up:


Pattern: Gale Stole by Anne Hanson
Yarn: Newton's Yarn Country Cashmere Merino 4-ply, fingering
Started: April, 2008
Finished: Sept, 2008

It also has so many mistakes in it, it's rather embarrassing, so I'm glad it's black.

In non knitting news, I took my Mother to see the Dale Chihuly Exhibit at the DeYoung Museum in San Francisco. The sculptures were so cool and we had a great time. I thought my photos came out pretty fabulous until I realized that the the exhibit had fabulous lighting and that every one's photos stood a good chance of coming out fabulous. Don't believe me? Go to flickr and search under "Chihuly"

Still, wouldn't it be wonderful if you could light your latest yarn purchase like this?
Or display them like this?
These reminded me of glass knitting needles:

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Hee hee, nah, I'm going to believe your photogs are the best!!!

Nice stole. Gusty or no, those triangles look very nautical in their own way.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger KG said...

I agree with the Bezz-- your photos are better. Nuff said.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Josie said...

VERY cool! Isn't it nice to have free weekends again? No alarm buzzing way too early in the morning and no blisters to tend to in the afternoon... So nice...

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Virtuous said...

Gurl at least you got it done!! Yay!

And Wow! @ that last pic.
Very intriguing!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How cool was Chihuly!?!?!?! Amazing, right?

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Those pics are wild! Hey, the stole looks great to me! Yay for being done! :) BTW, what is it with Sex/City on Saturday nite? I watched it, and now know of 2 others that did too LOL!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger OaklandLady said...

You went to see Chihuly and you didn't come across the way to say hi to me at the Academy of Sciences???

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger weezalana said...

Such a pretty stole! It looks fab, mistakes (which we can't see) or no!

Hey, I watched SATC on Saturday night, too! Guess we all got the memo. ;)

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Three cheers for finishing the stole. Are you gonna christen it with a bottle of champagne? ;)

I wish Chihuly would come here. Austin's cool, but not THAT cool.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Maybe that's a good idea for my knitting -- work on lighting, not knitting faster, or you know, any better than I do. Heee.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Linda said...

The stole looks great and I bet no one else can see mistakes!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

The stole looks fabulous! Great job!

And those other photos are gorgeous!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Beautiful stole! And LOVE those photos. Clever lighting or not, they look fabulous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home