a dillydallyknitter: "We Were Castrating Bulls the Other Day...

Saturday, May 31, 2008

"We Were Castrating Bulls the Other Day...


...and we saved the sacs to make purses" overheard at Spinning at the Winery.

Today was my second year spinning with LeftCoastKnits at the Retzlaff Winery, this year called "Fleeces, Food & Fun" and, well, there was lots of fantastic fleeces, delicious food and lots of fun.


Of course, one needs a glass of Retzlaff wine

I don't know why I forgot to take photos but I ran into a lot of familiar faces! The lovely Kristine, from a Verb from Keeping Warm was there and this time she was there to enjoy the day with her partner & friends and not working hard at a booth!

Kristine is going to teach a drop spindle class at Article Pract and got to meet Julie from my knitting group, who has signed up for the class.

Ceallach was there with her family and she's working hard on her book and planning all kinds of cool solar dyed projects so stay tuned. (hope your foot feels better Cellach!)

I met Jasmin, who was on the Seasocks cruise and has a podcast that I'm downloading as I type this called "The Knitmore Girls"

Some of the sights of the day:


Weavings and knits for sale

Little fleece sheep (one came home with me)


And Mr. Chicken who amused LCK and I (suburban girls don't run into live chickens very often)

I also won 2 prizes in the raffle draw! One was a pretty dish cloth and tea towel set woven by a guild member and are way too nice to use! (but perfect for a bread basket liner).

And the other was a lovely large woven piece that's big enough for a table covering or a cozy car/lap blanket.


I was sooooooooo tempted by the Schacht Ladybug spinning wheels but I restrained myself and just came home with an ash wood Nostepinde. I can now sit on the sofa and wind perfect balls of yarn and it also doubles as a magic wand.

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Blogger Linda said...

I love the woven fabrics. you were very good not to get the wheel!

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Oh wow, sounds like an awesome day . . . except for the castrating bulls part - at least it was just "heard" and not "seen"!! Love those little fleece sheep!

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Virtuous said...

OOh good times!

Those sheep were adorable!! Can you tell me who the company is that makes them??

I love your last woven piece as the colors are beautiful!

Now you know you have to show pics of your "ash wood Nostepinde" b/c I have no clue! LOL ;op

 
At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that was certainly an attention-getting blog post title! Glad you had fun. I like the magic wand idea. Very nice way to think of it.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Those ladybugs ARE cute! I can see the temptation. What a fun time!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger KG said...

Looks like you had a very fun day! Great photos!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger aija said...

I was there too! Got in a bit later, and didn't do much spinning (but buying! 2 fleeces and some ancillary stuff ;))

One of the chickens "growled" at me! :)

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Sounds like a fun time! Nice prizes there! Um..I wouldn't want a purse from that though!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Josie said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Great prizes, too -- guess your mojo is back, huh? Sorry I missed it!

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

A magic yarn wand - sounds great and I love the little sheep!

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

Oh my gosh, it sounds wonderful! Really wonderful.

I love the magic wand part, but if you and LCK want to see chickens (and bees -- I have spare veils) just drive on over here. I'll even let you nab an egg out of the box.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger weezalana said...

See, that's what sucks about living where I do. We don't get no fiberfest love!

If you can magically make yarn appear with that nostepinde, I'm flying up there. ;)

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

What great prizes you won. And I LOVE the little sheep - that is so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home