a dillydallyknitter: Baby YPF

Friday, September 28, 2007

Baby YPF

Just a wee bit of yarn to show today. Believe it or not, I've been sticking to my yarn diet so I don't have much to show these days but...I'm going to my third baby shower this year for a co-worker and last night at Knit Night I bought 3 balls of this:

Ugh, crappy lighting. It's overcast in my 'hood today.

Trendsetter Yarns
Scoubi Du
50% cotton 50% acrylic
50gr. 95 yards


I know I said I bought 3 and there are only 2 in the photo but the 3rd ball's already cast on for the baby kimono from Mason Dixon.
This is a totally last minute baby gift rush job--I didn't really intend to knit something but then, after you've knit for the first 2 babies you kinda become known as "the Knitter" so I think it's now expected and I didn't want the 3rd mother to think that I didn't care (even though we don't work that closely together) and I don't even know if she'd appreciate or even want a handknitted gift but.......Oh the pressure...

10 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Very pretty! Love the name too! Scooby Do hehe! Well not the same spelling, but it sounded like it to me! :)

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

I hear you...the pressure knitting sucks sometimes...at least you are knitting something cute with a fun yarn! :)

And great job on sticking to the yarn diet...me...I fell off the wagon! Big time :(

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Ruh roh Cpurly! I hate it when I get branded like that and have to knit for every anonymous office baby (at Dr. MS's office more than mine it seems...)

That yarn looks very scrumdiddilyumcious.

 
At 4:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The colors look great! I know how you feel....I too am "the knitter" now (when it comes to babies/gifts) but I think I'm on the last one for a while so that will be a good break! I hope you get a "baby break" soon too!

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I'm right there with ya and I'm hoping none of my co-workers get pregnant again any time soon!

And I hope you went with the stockinette version like me. It goes WAY faster than the garter.

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Eric & Tony said...

Another lucky baby!

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait until your co-workers find out you can weld. Then it really hits the fan.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

Spelling it 'Scoubi Du' doesn't make it any less 'Scooby Doo'. But calling it Scooby Doo doesn't make it look any less squishy and awesome either.

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

The yarn is so pretty. I'm sure the mum-to-be will be thrilled with a handknitted item.

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Siding Contractors Fontana said...

Great readinng your blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home