a dillydallyknitter: March Socks

Monday, March 12, 2007

March Socks

Being the think-out-of-the-box knitter that I am, I knit GREEN socks for the March Socktopia and tried to add an Aran twist with cables & ribs.

Not to be upstaged, Cary does his imitation of a meerkat





Pattern: Cable and Rib Socks by Nancy Bush, Interweave Knits, Fall 2005
Yarn: Mountain Colors Bearfoot, Juniper colorway
Needles: Lantern Moon Rosewood, size 1 DPNs
Cast On: 1-March, 2007
Finished On: 10-March, 2007
Deviations from pattern: The directions call for a 3 inch cuff but I have chunky legs so I shortened the cuff by an inch. Otherwise, I followed the pattern as written.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Those are beautiful!! Go you!! Cary is a hoot!!

eeek, I only have 1 1/2" of sock one done...*off to do more!

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

How does Cary do that????

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

meer-cat!! hee hee! Hopefully I'll finish sock A today - funny how working 12 hour days cuts into one's knitting time. Luckily I'll have full weeks off!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Rain said...

Hee hee what a great picture of Cary!

I love those socks, they look beautiful in that yarn.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Meghann said...

Beautiful! I better get going on my March socks!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Casey said...

test

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is sooo cool--a meer-cat :)

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Stacie said...

I need some serious knitting advice! I just spent 3 months knitting one pair of socks! I love hand knit socks, but sheeesh! I gotta knit faster or somethin!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Testing - my last two posts did not post!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

You must be holding something that Cary wants REALLY bad to hold that too cool of a pose! Love it and the socks. Dang you knit socks fast girlfriend:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home