a dillydallyknitter: Countdown to Stitches West!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Countdown to Stitches West!

And a Three Sock Update:

Sock One:
Last week I finshed up the 2nd Child's First sock. Hmm, I guess that would make it the Child's Second sock.

Sock Two:
Then I started a pair of socks for my Dad (yet AGAIN). This time it'll be Thuja's in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport. I don't know why but I keep second guessing myself when it comes to making guy sized socks. The sock I made at Christmas was about 2 inches too long and that was after I consulted my oracle of Sensational Knitted Socks, threw the I Ching and cast on and frogged several times.


Sock Three:
Then, worried about not having enough portable projects to carry around at Stitches in case, gourd forbid I stop drooling long enoughto have a down moment, I started a pair of Roza's Socks using the Fyberspates my English SP, Carolyn gave me:

I'm so excited about Stitches and even did my homework. It's for my Fair Isle Knitting class on Saturday. I hope I did it correctly because I have no idea what this is supposed to be. It involved casting on 90 stitches, knitting, placing stitch markers, binding off, stitch holders...

Ok..off to wax my credit card..

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Go you on the Dad's socks! Love the Child's First sock and I am going to have to get the new IK, I want those Roza socks! Good luck with the Fair Isle class..your homework is looking good! :)

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Good luck with your dad's socks! Love the Roza socks pattern - I just got my Spring IK yesterday - so many lovely patterns :)

Have fun at Stitches West, and good luck with the Fair Isle class!

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

the child's socks look great. I like the Roza ones too.

Can't wait to see what comes out of that fair isle class. Have a lot of fun!

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Jo said...

I am so jealous you get to go to Stitches West! My friends and I went to Stitches East last November in Baltimore and had a blast!

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Karen said...

All your socks are looking great. I'm dying to knit two of those patterns - and the third I already knit and loved. Great taste in socks. Have a wonderful time at Stitches. Can't wait to hear all about your class.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Wow! I love those socks!!!

Oh have fun at SW!! I'm so jealous!! I can't wait to go to my first real knitting "event!"

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Rain said...

Sounds like Stitches is going to be fun.

The socks all look fab.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Nice socks!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Fiber-4-U said...

I still cannot beleive how gorgeous those socks are...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home