a dillydallyknitter: Happy Feet!

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Happy Feet!

On Thursday I came home and found a box on the doorstep--my socks from my sock swap partner, Valkyrie!! As all sock knitters know, hand knit socks are the best. So, to receive a pair knit by a fellow knitter is extra special because you know and appreciate the work and time that went into them.

They're soooo pretty and super soft!



She also sent some yummy chocolate caramels, a chocolate bar, some cool bath scrub and this:

Sock yarn from the Yarn Pirate!



In the sweetheart colorway. It's made from 50/50 merino/tencel and feels so soft so I can't wait to try it:

I almost forgot--Valkyrie also included a chicken that lays gum eggs! I tried to get a photo with the eggs but Cary kept batting at them.




Thank you Valkyrie! I love love love my new socks!

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Karen said...

What a wonderful package and beautiful socks!!! It all couldn't have gone to a nicer person. :)

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Those are very cute socks. I love the color - it's such a pretty blue.

Does Cary blow bubbles with all the gum he's chewing?

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger g-girl said...

oooh, the socks are so pretty! :) that chicken that lays eggs is cute too!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Awesome socks!! Love the pose! Pretty yarn there too! I know how soft it is ;) Cary is too funny! :)

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger knitting-cat said...

Lovely socks. You socks to be look great too.

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Those are pretty socks! Now that lace in stripish yarn looks great!

Silly Cary! Bubble gum is for humans!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Great package and pretty socks.
The Yarn Pirate yarn looks yummy.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Valkryie Knit This said...

:D So glad you like them and they fit!

I saw the chicken and I couldn't pass it up. Who Doesn't need a gum laying chicken?? :D

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Pretty socks, and pretty yarn too! That is just one cute kitty picture. I'm a sucker for cute kitty pictures.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Meghann said...

Gorgeous Socks! I'm jealous....I can't wait for mine to come!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger knittinmom said...

Nice socks! BTW, I've been meaning to stop by and let you know that you were the Feb winner for SAM3! Send me your address so I can get your prize off in the mail for you. Congrats!

Chrissy
(knittinmom at gmail dot com)

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

What beautiful socks! Such a pretty pattern - they look very elegant on you.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

Woooo baby those are sexy socks! Your sock pal rocks! I wished could be so lucky:) My skills aren't up to it so I would probably only deserve k2 p2 pair of socks.LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home