a dillydallyknitter: Spun Out of Control

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Spun Out of Control

Today I went to the Deep Color Studio in Kensington to take an "Intro to Spinning" Class on a drop spindle. There were three of us in the class so we got lots of attention (and trust me, I really needed it!)


Yeah, Yeah, that's right, I really was going for a Thick and Thin yarn. Hehehe

Please tell me it gets easier. Please? I know. I know. Don't quit my day job.

The Studio owner, Claudia, also teaches spinning wheel classes but the next series scheduled on a weekend day isn't until May (with Bay Area traffic, going on a school night would be hard) so I have plenty of time to practice.

I also packed away the Christmas decorations this weekend except for this little guy who is modeling my Red Scarf for the Red Scarf Project. And first official FO of 2007!


7 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Now you know why I abhorr drop spindling. I'd rather knit with pencils and spaghetti!

Your red scarf looks great--hooray for the first FO of 2007!

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Casey said...

That yarn reminds me of soft serve ice cream.

Don't give up. You'll get it!!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Kaitie Tee said...

I received a drop spindle as a gift recently. It looks like it's way too fiddly for me. I don't have that kind of patience!

Nice scarf!

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really does get better. Just practice for like 10 minutes a day and in about a week or two, you will be spinning.

Once that happens, moving to a wheel will be a complete cinch.....I laughed for the first hour on the wheel, because I had so much fun spinning on it!

Spin on Girl!

 
At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll get it! Think back to your first few knitting projects - there's always a learning curve. But check you out now - your red scarf is beautiful. Spinning will be the same way.

-SSA

 
At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW-- early January and you've already made one of your resolutions happen!! Good girl :)

And the scarf (that would NEVER be done?) looks lovely. You are so talented!

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Not too bad there girl! Wait til you see mine LOL!

Red Scarf is lovely! Go You! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home