a dillydallyknitter: Good Bye 2006! Happy New Year!

Friday, December 29, 2006

Good Bye 2006! Happy New Year!

To say sayonara to 2006, how about a little Socks That Rock ménage à trois?

A few days before Christmas I stoppedby Purlescence to see their latest shipment of STR.

Lagoon


Rolling Stone


Carbon


I wish I could claim that my 3 year old point and shoot Canon suddenly started taking such clear photos but these were taken with my friend R's Nikon.

###

So, like many other knitters out there, I'm going to resolve to start out 2007 by knitting out of my Stash.

"He who breaks a resolution is a weakling;
He who makes one is a fool."
~F.M. Knowles


I also have the usual non-knitting resolutions to make too.

"New Year's Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual." ~Mark Twain


Yarn Resolutions for 2007

I will knit out of my Stash and not buy more yarn except under the following conditions:
  1. When I attend yarn festivals, shows or while I'm on vacation (Stitches '07 is only 2 months away afterall)
  2. When Purescence gets more Socks that Rock shipments
  3. When the Moon is in the 7th House and Jupiter Aligns with Mars
  4. I get a raise, bonus or win the lottery
  5. On days that end with Y
Ok, I'm weak but I do have some knitting goals for 2007:
  1. Learn Fair Isle knitting
  2. Knit a lace shawl with lace weight yarn
  3. Learn to spin
One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: To rise above the little things. ~John Burroughs

Happy New Year!

11 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, STR! I've never actually touched their yarn, but it looks so wonderful. Soft, squishy, and such pretty colors!

Fair Isle is one of my resolutions too. Let's hope it goes well!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I was JUST stroking and purring at the STR you sent me today!

Hm, I wish I had an opportunity to wear a lace shawl. I could see myself resolving to do one of those too. Maybe my mom needs one....

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great resolutions and great yarn!

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really is too bad we can't take Fair Isle together. Come to think of it, if I lived closer, we could learn how to spin together, too. I have a spindle. I have roving. What I don't have is the courage to just take the two and make the magic happen.

That's what the new year is for: another reason to procrastinate for a few extra days!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

oh wow, those colors are great. I definately did not get bored looking at all the pics. I love how gray is in every colorway. I can't wait to see what you knit with them. GOod luck with your resolutions!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Very nice yarns there! Oh how I wished I could actually see STR at an LYS...sigh..

Hehe on your resolutions...Love them! :)

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Romy's camera is so nice! :) Those are pretty socks, but don't forget to finish your father's mate so he can finally wear one of your nice home made socks. (Hey, speaking of which, where are my fingerless gloves??)

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger sgeddes said...

The yarn is yummy! I love the colors.

The resolutions are right on!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Luckily I'm not a big lace fan in general, becaue I imagine that cats + lace knitting = tangles.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

Somebody hold me back on not jumping through this monitor and grabbing these awesome colors of STR!!!
I am in on that too Busting My Stash
for 2007!!!

I really need to since I am so tired of looking at yarns since them very beginning of my days in knitting. ugggh

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yummy! I want some too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home