a dillydallyknitter: Cpurl Speaks!

Monday, January 01, 2007

Cpurl Speaks!


I love listening to knitting podcasts and last December I won a book by partcipating in a listener poll on the Unwound Podcast.

The host of the show, Kelli, poses a listener poll on each podcast and picks a random winner from those who partcipate. Each winner then selects a book to from any of those she has mentioned on her show and I chose "One Skein Wonders: 101 Yarn Shop Favorites" She also asks each winner to record a book review to include on the next podcast and so my funny, nasel-y voice can be heard on the Dec. 30th podcast (ugh, do I really sound like that??)!


###

The first day of the New Year was perfect for a nap.




And I slept through most of the Rose Bowl game. Luckily I didn't unravel my first project of '07, a red scarf for the Red Scarf Project.

10 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Awesome! Congrats! That looks like a good book!

The scarf is looking good too!

**scrambles off to get podcast! :)

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Rain said...

Ooh I'm going to listen to that now.

What a great prize.

The scarf looks fab so far.

 
At 3:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what a great book review it was! Thanks for the shout out and Happy New Year!

That Red Scarf is looking good...my red yarn should arrive in the mail this week so I can join you.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Hee! Congrats! Too cool! I'm going to have to download the PC when the boys aren't around to interrupt me!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Ali said...

Happy New Year! I count you as one of the cool things I found in 2006. I'm blessed to have you as a "friend".

Congrats on the podcast!

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CPurl is a podcast supa-stah! Aweseome review, you were the highlight!!!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

That's so cool that you won! I'll have to download that when I get home and check it out. (I always hated my recorded voice - it sounds so low.)

That blue scarf you made for a friend's mom is gorgeous! It looks so soft and I love the stitch pattern.

And the Gangsta Kitties vs. Baby Jesus - Bwah hahahaha!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Nice review on the podcast! Way to go!!! The book sounds good, now get busy on those one skeins!

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, cute kitty!

One Skein Wonders looks fabulous, I really covet that book.

Yes, I'm pathetic. I look at other knitters' blogs because there are kitty pictures and I don't have a kitty.

The scarf looks great too. Now's the time to be knitting red stuff! Once I'm done with the baby sweater, I'll hurry and get some red yarn.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

I heard you! I heard you! I thought you were awesome!!

I'd be so nervous I'd be giggling and then no one would know what I was saying! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home