a dillydallyknitter: All Was Calm...All Was Bright..

Sunday, December 24, 2006

All Was Calm...All Was Bright..

Last night around 1:00 AM I finished putting the last bow on the last package and sat to enjoy the peace and quiet.



This morning I was sitting downstairs while my sister was taking a shower in my bathroom (I have the big tub) when suddenly I hear rain hitting metal. Except it wasn't raining. My upstairs tub was leaking into my kitchen. HoHoHo! But I don't care. It's Christmas Eve. I can deal with it next week. And I'm eating dinner at my mother's house and I have another bathroom and my sister is making me my favorite chocolate/peanut butter/butterscotch/rice krispie treats so it's all good.

No matter where you are and how you celebrate, my wish is that your're surrounded by family and friends, warmth and love. God Bless Us, Everyone!

###



Blog Stalking Assignment: Tacky Christmas Lights

Here's a family that decided to hang a reindeer from the roof. One year they had a plastic Nativity on the roof and Mary blew over and you could see her, um hole.



Every town has one. That street where EVERY home puts lights up for the Holidays. This one is called Candy Cane lane and it really is very cute with displays like this:

But this family is in the middle of remodeling:


Yet had enough team skills to light up the outhouse:


Four years ago, when I was house hunting, I looked at a house on this very street. If I had purchased it, this would be my house on Candy Cane Lane! LOL! ('cept mine would have a knitting them, of course)

4 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh too funny!!! The bah humbug remodel and the hung reindeer!!!!

Love it!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Casey said...

I can't believe someone just hung a reindeer from the rooftop. That's very weird - I wonder what crime the reindeer committed?

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

I'm trying to imagine what knit-themed Christmas lights would look like...

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Yikes!!!! Interesting lights! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home