a dillydallyknitter: Siamese Twin-Cats Enjoy Life As One

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Siamese Twin-Cats Enjoy Life As One

Local conjoined cats, known as the Ying Yang Twins, give a whole new meaning to "Joined at the Hip."


"Sure, getting around can be a challenge, but since we spend most of our day lounging around, it's not so bad."



Meanwhile, I made a brilliant discovery:
Two socks ARE better than one:



Yay Me! First socks are DONE! I didn't secure the toe very well on the first sock so the toe started to come undone (Hey Wally Lamb, she's come undone!!) and my repair job is a little shoddy but I'm happy with the second sock. It's the learning curve of sock knitting. As you can see in the photo, the striping matches up fairly well as planned until you get to the toe area---because that's the spot that darn cat bit through the yarn on sock one.


The yarn I used is Lana Grossa Meilenweit 100 Magico in colorway 2525. Do you think that sock yarn manufacturers put some kind of skin absorbing crack in the yarn that feeds the addiction?

8 Comments:

At 3:01 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

They look great! The slight difference at the toe can be explained away as a design element ;) At least you now know to keep sock yarn away from the kittys!

Oh yeah, there's definitely something in the yarn that leeches into your skin and gets you hooked ;)

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Amy said...

great socks, I've been hooked my the sock knitter's disease as well!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

YIPPEE you did it! I swear I checked your blog yesterday too! ?? Great job you!!! You are soooo addicted now aren't you ;)

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

You know, if they can put aloe vera in yarn to make your skin softer...why NOT some kind of addictive sock fetish drug?!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

That's really pretty yarn! Well done!

I got the package yesterday - I just finished blogging about it. You rock! I love the SnC colors and the chocolate, mmm...you know how to spoil me!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Casey said...

I love Sunday Afternoon with Mika! She's so cute.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger LeftCoast Knits said...

I love your socks- they look great! CAts are such great knitting helpers- how would you ever tell your socks apart if they were not different at the toes? Now they are fraternal twins instead of identical.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Your first pair! Awesome. And gorgeous.

Along with the siamese cats.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home