a dillydallyknitter: One Woman. One Knitter. One Year

Saturday, April 01, 2006

One Woman. One Knitter. One Year

Stash 2005: I learned to knit a year ago and bought this little case to hold my Stash (it now holds sock yarn). Oh what a naive little Grasshopper I was...

Stash: April 1, 2006


Meet the Rowans: Summer Tweed, Polar, Handknit Cotton DK, Kidsilk Haze

I love Europe: 9 hanks of Black Water Abbey Wool (Ireland) , Dale of Norway Daletta, Classic Elite Isabella and Elsbeth Lavold Silky Wool (from Italy)


I've Got The Blues: Lana Grossa Basics, Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk, Sidar Denim Tweed DK. In the front: Ellen's Halfpint farm, 1 skein of 50/50 merino/silk and 1 skein of silk in the same colourway, 1 skein of silk


Black & White: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Astrakhan, Rowan Cashcotton DK, Schoeller Wonderwool, 1 skein of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky, Lana Gross Kidair, Crystal Palace Party, Hey, how did that cat get in the photo??


Red Hots (and a few others): Artfibers Kyoto (silk/kidmohair), Brooks Farm Duet (blue), Fire Marl red ColourMart cashmere yarn from my lovely (and still unknown) UK SP 6, 2,500 yards of Brooksfarm Primero, some pretty & soft Paton's Zhivago from my purler Holiday SP, Aurora, and in the front, some Annie Blatt yarn to make the strawberry hat (could someone please have a baby??)


My Felted Future: 10 skeins of Noro Kuyeon in 3 colourways (some from the wonderful Zknitter), Lopi and Twillys Freedom wool


On the left: GGH esprit "Knit For Her Cure" afghan kit, Ellens' Halfpint farm silk/wool, Colinette Giotto(from my SP 6) Lana Grossa Veneto


The Great Mission Falls 1824 Wool Close Out Panic Purchase of 2005 (the taupe is my father's Christmas'05 present afghan--I think I'm a bit late getting started, don't you?)

54 skeins of cream yarn.

Baby yarn and a cat leg


From the Heart: Yarn for Charity projects. I'm currently knitting some blanket squares for the Knit the Classics Blanket project and some sweaters for Knit for Kids.

Last minute entry: Today I received a package from my Mystery Swapper from Knit the Classics, Marji and she included some beautiful vintage mohair & silk sapphire blue yarn.


May your yarn basket never be empty.

28 Comments:

At 4:10 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I love the year comparison! Hee hee! I also dig the way you organized your yarn. Verrrry pretty!!!!

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Marji said...

That is ONE years acquisition? My hats off to you, AND, Stashalong starts Today, do you maybe wanna get on over there and sign up? LOL, wow girl.
on another note, I'll trade you out some yarn for some of those 54 sk of Mission Falls cream colored 1824 wool.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

You have had a very busy year!Just think what it will look like next year!

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Wow, you've been serious! :)

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I have some sad news for you. If you amassed that in one year, you will be in deep doo-doo if you keep knitting for 10 or 15 years. Really deep. And I know what I'm talking about.

It's a lovely stash.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Holy cow that's an impressive stash amassment in one year! What may I ask, does one do with 54 balls of cream yarn?

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Here I thought you were gonna throw it all in a pile and take 1 picture! Nice job there! Yummy yarns! :)

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Hey! That cream yarn! Wasn't that suppose to be made in to something for little ole moi??? hmmmm???

It looks good - you've always been a great organizer. Love the color assortments.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger rania said...

wowowowow! all that in a year? i thought mine was out of control!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Happy blogiversary! What a fantastic yarn acquisition year!! Naivete indeed. ;)

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger thomasina said...

I love the red photograph - gorgeous colors. I swatched the red Kyoto, but it was the green Hana that won my heart that day. I can see that SABLE is not far in your future!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Kate Schmidt said...

Happy knitaversary! I'm looking forward to next year's expansion. :)

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Emily said...

That is some serious Mission Falls stash! So far you're win my "most skeins of any one yarn" award :) I had quite a time keeping my cat out of the stash for my photos...

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um....scuse me? Not sure if you noticed? Your stash exploded.

;o)

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Nice stash! Amazing how it grows :-)
Love the seafoam scarf in the Hipknits silk - verra nice!

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy cats cpurl! did you knock over a yarn store?! Great stash!

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger chacha / Jen said...

I also had a cute storage box that I thought would be perfect for stash storage when I first started knitting. Right now, my stash lives on and around the box, because it sure won't fit inside any more.

Awesome stash!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said...

One year??!! No, you must have warped into an alternate dimension somehow! :o)

Come visit my stash flash.

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to bad for one year. =)

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a word of warning - stop now or you'll end up with my stash! My flash the stash was just emptied onto the bed ... again and again.
You have some nice stuff there though, a discerning knitter!

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Miss Kalendar said...

Wow..... just, Wow.
I am soooooooooo jealous right now. :)

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Wow! What a colorful stash!! You have some great yarns!

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Hehe you did good for a years time! Yummy!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

You've done a great job in a year ;) Fabulous stash! What the heck are you going to do with the 54 balls of cream yarn??

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Casey said...

(don't forget...cream yarn...cold sister in seattle...blankee....)

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Carrie K said...

That's some metamorphosis. Have you given any thought to the warehouse you're going to need in 5 years? lol.

Happy Blogiversary!

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

all this in only one year? girl more power to ya'!!!
love your colors!
:-)

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm drooling... drooling! What a nice stash you've got!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home