a dillydallyknitter: Happy Birthday Mika!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Happy Birthday Mika!

Mika is one year old! Mika means "raccoon" in the Native American Osage and Omaha-Ponca languages. Mika is also a Japanese name and the name of a newscaster on CBS (but not named after her).

She came home in June 2005 from an animal rescue shelter and was the last unclaimed kitten in a litter of 5. Since I know what it's like to be the last one picked, she was destined to be my kitty. She is a very mischievous, funny little kitty who often cuddles next to me when I knit. On occasion she has chewed through my working yarn before I realize what she's done. She knows her yarn and prefers to chew through merino wool and silk and avoids Red Heart.


My Knitty Avatar Star

Portrait of Mika taken by my photographer friend, Romy. My, what green eyes you have!

My champion sleeper.

5 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Casey said...

OH MY GOODNESS! MY BEE BEE! She's soooo cute!!!! Look at her little big eyed face.

Nice photography by Romy!

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Too cute. Don't you wish they'd stay that young forever??

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Happy Birthday, Mika! Dang, she's so adorable!

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Ah, she is sooooo cute! She's a lucky girl to have been rescued by you.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Lori said...

How adorable! My half japanese niece is named Maika, but obviously spelled differently. Beautiful name, beautiful kitty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home