a dillydallyknitter: Bootie-licious!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Bootie-licious!



My cousin's wife gave birth to baby boy triplets and I made them some umbilical cord hats (see post below) but the boys are preemies and it will be a long time till their little heads grow into them soooo...I knit some little preemie hats and booties. (The bootie pattern was supposed to be for preemies but they seem a little big.)

These were the first booties I have ever knit so it was fun to learn, and by the 6th one, I was whipping them out pretty fast. My first ever sock, however, is not going quite so fast. I just turned the heel, (the highlight of my otherwise dull week), whoo-hoo, and am working on the gusset right now.

(I feel like I'm the Fisher-Price of Knitting levels: "my first sock," "my first sweater," etc.)

Meanwhile, Chez Gato, we wonder if it will ever stop raining.

4 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger Veena BooChi said...

wow.. three of everything!! And those booties look so perfect!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Love those booties!!! You are whipping them out girl! Lucky little ones!!

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Great picture of your booties and preemie hats! It looks like something out of a pattern book!

Way to go on your first sock too! Don't worry, it will feel like "my first sock" for a while ;-) I'm still there too!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Wow, triplets! Those booties are cuties.

And no, it will never stop raining. Although there does seem to be a UFO in the sky, today. It's bright, warm......I heard someone say it was called "the Sun". Have you heard of it? I thought it was legend.....;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home