a dillydallyknitter: And We're Walking, and We're Walking,... and We're Stopping.

Friday, June 13, 2008

And We're Walking, and We're Walking,... and We're Stopping.

I'm a bad blogger of late because, since we're getting to higher numbers in our 3Day training, all I do is walk, sleep, walk, work, walk, work, walk, work, knit, work, walk walk walk.


Last Saturday we got our sorry behinds out of bed at 4:30AM to be in San Francisco by 6:30 AM for a training walk. So did 275 other walkers. I'll bet the neighbors were thrilled with the pre-walk safety talk and cheering.



I'm not used to being with so many women who are NOT knitters but I think the woman who gave the safety/pep talk was wearing a Koolhaas hat!

Here we are in our sleepy, make-up less pre-walk glory. Little did we know what we were about to face. Let's just say San Francisco = HILLS.
We even had some Doggies walkin' for the cause.

So, we've been training consistently as a team (except for the Alaska cruise) but this course kicked our @ss! It was (only) 10 miles long but we had to go up some very steep hills and by the end my feet were screamin'.

Some inspiration along the way:


Friends of Turtlegirl sunning themselves in Golden Gate park:

Buffalo (or are they Bison?) in Golden Gate park:After the walk we went to the 3Day Expo. I was too tired to take any more photos but I did take a shot of our future home.
After the drive back and a nice refreshing lunch at Chilis, THIS is how I felt when I got home:



Tomorrow we're manning a booth at our local Farmer's Market to KIP and (hopefully)get some donations for our team fundraising. If you're in my area tomorrow, stop by and knit with us!

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

10 miles alone is fabulous! But add in the SF hills (and being up that early!). Keep it up! You're inspiring me to at least get up a bit earlier tomorrow to exercise :)

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well done! That's quite a task to take on and you're doing a great job.

I might see you tomorrow. Hopefully I can motivate!

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger Virtuous said...

Gurl I luv how you are all are going strong!! Yay!!!!

And that inspiring sign was just fab! :oD

See you will be squeezing in some more knitting. Have a great KIP Day!!

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Discoknits said...

Imagine what you could get done if you could knit and walk at the same time.....wow!

Good luck ms cpurl, people are rooting for you :0)

Oh, and I love the kitty pic :0)

 
At 4:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! That is great that you all did such a long walk. It's nice that you saw some good sights on the way too. You can do it!

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Whew, I'm tired for you, but all this training as you know will help you guys a lot. Hey..nice temporary digs :)

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

They used to call Juneau "Little San Francisco" because of that hill thing. So I have an idea of what you're talking about. It would probably be cheating to hitch a ride on a Rice A Roni trolley too huh? ;-)

I love the pink tent!

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Love the turtle shot! And you know I love that kitteh reclining pic. =)

10 miles in SF - oof. I feel for ya.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

Ugh, hills. No thank you.

I'd love to see you -- which market?

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Batty said...

You can do this!

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger KG said...

You girls are training machines! So proud of you for all of your hard work. No question in my mind-- you can do this!!

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger Linda said...

You are doing so well with the walking, I love the cat picture!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Ten miles with hills! That's hard work. Sounds like the training is going well though. Keep it up!

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger weezalana said...

10-mile walk in the SF hills at that hour? I'd felt like kitty when the alarm went off!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Marisol said...

Wow hats off you you and the knitting crew! Well Done!!!

I had to LOL with that last picture of what you felt like at the end of the day:)

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Turtle said...

Your doing great!

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Casey said...

What a cute cat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home