a dillydallyknitter: Saturday Night at the Movies

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Saturday Night at the Movies

This week's blogstalkin' assignment: our home video collection. Mine, as you can see, is rather pathetic.

I have some Christmas DVDs stored away that I watch every year: A Christmas Story, A Christmas Carol, White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, Charlie Brown Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life, the Grinch.

And a few I can watch over and over:


Do you remember the world before instant gratification? Back in my day the Wizard of Oz would come on television once a year and it was a really Big Deal. We'd get to sit in front of our one color TV with a big bowl of popcorn (popped on the stove with real butter) and be terrified with Dorothy as she traveled the yellow brick road and faced the Wicked Witch of the West. And don't forget those flying monkeys.

Mary Poppins was the first movie I ever saw in a real theater. I was entranced. My Mother bought me the movie soundtrack album and I played it over and over and over and can probably still sing most of the lyrics. For my birthday I got a melamine Mary Poppins plate set and it was my favorite. So much so that I saw one on Ebay a few years ago and bought it.


And Mika wanted you to know her favorites: Cat Sitter and Couch Potato Kitty's.


A movie doesn’t have to do everything. A movie just has to do a couple of things. If it does those things well and gives you a cool night at the movies, an emotion, that’s good enough. ~ Quentin Tarintino

4 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Does Mika get bored with her movies after she's seen them for a bit? Or does she still watch enraptured?

Don't worry, my movie collection isn't much bigger!!!

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Cat movies? Seriously? What's on them? Inquiring minds want to know. Fish tanks? Birds?

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Casey said...

I still get scared when the Wicked Witch flies by Dorothy's window. Good movies!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger SuzannaBanana said...

Nice little collection, and some choice films for Mika. Hey, maybe she'd like 'Winged Migration'! Buddy the Cat likes 'Ghost in the Darkness', but we refuse to buy it for him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home