a dillydallyknitter: Monday Cheap Thrills Yarn Pr0n.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Monday Cheap Thrills Yarn Pr0n.

Michael's is having a sale on Paton's Merino wool so I stopped by on Sunday to pick up a couple of skeins and the next thing you know I'm explaining the importance of dye lots to a very nice sales clerk who opened a new package of purple yarn for me and I leave with two huge bags full of yarn.

BTW, if you ever want to torture Cpurl, make me stand in line at Michaels where they are having some "issues" at the register so we all shift over to a new line but end up behind a woman who is buying a gazillion flower picks and some ribbon that has to be cut from the spool and the sales clerk has to go find a pair of scissors because Lawd knows how hard it is to find scissors in a CRAFT store but I digress.


So it's not the fanciest of yarns but I have enough yarn to make this:

The Must Have Cardigan

And I have enough of this to make a simple cardigan

It's actually a lot deeper shade of purple

And this I thought would be fun to felt with:

So, 2 future merino wool sweaters for under $30.00 ain't bad. Plus a bunch of other colors to felt and craft with.

13 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! What a great buy ; )

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger aija said...

Ooh, I've wanted to make that sweater for ages. Too bad my michael's is, well... not great :)

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oh wow. All that for under $30? Wow.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger weezalana said...

Can't wait to see how that last one felts up fun!

Dontcha just hate that line at Michael's? Every time.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Is that "royal" purple? Or "That's Purple!" I love me some Classic Merino. Mmmmm.....

 
At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, this is yarn p0rn to its fullest - I so love all the goodies you got for yourself, the colors are divine! This is certainly the perfect yarn for that fantastic cardi you're going to do - looking forward to seeing the progress pics! Happy Knitting!

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Yay for PCM!!! ;)

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great buy!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

My Michael's is notorious for having long lines. But, I guess I should say in their defense that the employees are always friendly and helpful.

You're my yarn-shopping hero!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger soapy said...

ohhhhh What a GREAT sale! To perfect sweathers in your future.. Thats great stuff!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger lexa said...

Great score! We sell that yarn at our store. It knits up very nicely. It felts great, too. Be careful, though. It shrinks and felts "all of a sudden" -- I stay handy to the washing machine. I keep checking, then all of a sudden it's like *Bang* get that outta there!

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Woman, where's yer code for Yarn Pr0n Friday!? It's the first day for the ring!

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That's some haul! The cardigan pattern is lovely - should look great in the Patons.

Gotta love a yarn sale ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home