a dillydallyknitter: Cpurl Year in Review

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Cpurl Year in Review

I saw this on LadyLungDoc's blog, who saw it on Ruth's blog and borrowed the idea, which is to post a line or two from each blog month of the past year. It's funny how each random little snippet can take me back to a particular place in life and the issues or feelings, good or bad, I was dealing with at the time. It's a lot like when you pick up your knitting and instantly flash back to what you were doing/watching/listening to, the last time you were working on the project.

January 25, 2007
I posted a peek of this yarn the other day for Valkryie but can't resist a full frontal

Feb 14, 2007
Ali gave me VD love!

March 12, 2007
Not to be upstaged, Cary does his imitation of a meerkat


April 25, 2007
The seemingly endless saga of my dental woes continues and today was another round in the chair (only 1 shot on the pain-o-meter & 15 minutes of nitrous).

May 21, 2007
My favorite snacks while knitting at home are those that are easy to eat, like the Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers pictured below. I can even lean over and suck one in like a little vacuum so as not to break my knitting stride or mess my fingers.

June 24, 2007
The night before we attended the luminaria Ceremony of Hope which kicks off with a group of survivors walking a lap lined with candlelit (or, in our case, glow sticks)luminarias; each one bearing the name in honor of cancer survivors or in memory of loved ones.

July 15, 2007
Ok, this is where I had planned to post my mystery stole update. But today, after hours and hours (did I say hours?) I finished Clue 3 and felt so good about it I took a few photographs. But after I loaded the photographs I noticed so many errors I wanted to cry. Silly huh? Well, I thought about just knitting on but I knew the mistakes would plague me forever so I ripped it off and tossed it in the garbage.

August 27, 2007
Our LYS is spending Wednesday nights this August knitting bears for the Mother Bear Project. This is a good reminder when I need to remember there are starving kitties in Iraq. (See Bezzie's post from ...)

Sept ? 2007
I signed up for a webring called Blogstalking 2: The Reawakening and, frankly I'm relieved since my blog was about to be awarded the Your Blog Sucks Girl Blogger award.

Oct 17, 007
Cpurl's Mom (while waiting for a table at a Japanese restaurant): What are you working on?Cpurl: It's a sleeve--see? (cpurl puts it on her wrist)Cpurl's Mom: "Won't that make you look bulky?"The truth hurts.

Nov 4, 2007
This has nothing to do with old photos, but a few weeks ago I was out with Muggle friends K & J and, I swear this is true, a happy face appeared in our pizza

Dec 15, 2007
So there you have it. I've suffered a fate equal to landing in an insane asylum or being homeless.
But, at the end of the movie, Clarence leave a note for George that says "Remember no (wo)man is a failure who has friends."
It this regard, I have indeed, a Wonderful Life.

Knitting wise, I'm too lazy to do a photo collage but here's my year's worth of knitted work:

Fetchings: 1
Calorimetry=3
Flowerbasket Shawl=1
Socks=15
Scarf=1*
Noni Bag=1
Baby Hats=6*
Booties=1
Hats=3
Baby Sweaters=2
Bears=5*
Knucks=2
Golf Club covers=3
Sweaters=2
Ornaments=2

*knit for charity projects

Not as productive as I would have liked but more than I thought.

Next year's resolutions:
1.Get Healthy
2.Get Organized-clear out clutter
3.Participate in Project 365/52

I've even set up a blog to post my photos on a weekly basis: Cpurl's Project 365

I'm full of year end good intentions and I'm sure this is going to be harder to keep up with than I think , but I hope it will be a fun way to make sure I add a dose of creativity to every day. What I suspect is that I'll end up of 365 photos of yarn + cats.

I leave you with my favorite photos of the year:

Mika as a therapist:

And a shot I took at Natural Dye class:


Happy New Year!

18 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger weezalana said...

Your kitty pics always crack me up! Love that last dye shot, too.

Have a Happy New Year! :)

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

Dye class was a lot of fun. I like your meercat the best of all.

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been a good year-- full of great photos and entertaining blogging-- got me through some long work days....

Here's to a healthy, happy, and 2nd income 2008!!!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Love that Mika as a therapist picture!! Fabulous!!

Great post!! Happy happy new year!!

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Happy New Year!

The meercat is one of my favorites of 2007! Thanks for posting that again.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Happy New Year!

The kitty shots are priceless. The Meercat pose is funny as all getout, and I honestly believe that cats are decent replacements for a therapist when one is needed but not available. How can you not feel a lot happier inside with a purring, fuzzy buddy curled up on your lap?

And that yarn you dyed... gorgeous.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Beverly said...

Happy New Year!!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Chunky just saw Cary and yelled "How can he do that?!"

Ha ha!

Happy New Year!

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Valkryie Knit This said...

Happy new year! :)

I've always wanted to try the 365, but I've feared it would be nothing but dog pictures. So if you do kitties and yarn and I do dogs and yarn... well.... that'll be a lot of yarn. :)

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Happy New Year. That picture of Mika still cracks me up.

I wish you well with all your projects. I hope when you post your look back at finished 2008 projects, my purse will be there. :)

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Virtuous said...

Ooh I liked that blog in review post!
It is funny how you glance over and remember all the elements/feelings of that one moment in time.

I am still LOL @ the gold fish! Haha!

I can also recognize when I started to read your blog too! So glad I did!!

I look forward to more reads and knits from you in 2008!

BTW - That last shot is awesome!

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger Soo said...

I'm in love with your cat!

Happy New Year!

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Tee hee - meerkat!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger yarnsnob said...

I love the Meerkat kitty. If one of mine would have done that I would have wet myself!!!! And to think that he stood long enough for you to get a picture is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Happy New Year!!! I was too lazy to even make a list of my 2007 knitting, let alone pictures. :)

Wishing you lots of happiness for 2008. And lots of knitting time!!

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

I had a good laugh looking at these photos of your cats. You should make a calender of those guys. Happy New year to you sweetie.

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Happy New Year and great blog review for 2007. I daren't try and think about FOs for 2007 - there are very few of them! Must try harder this year ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home