a dillydallyknitter: Life is LIke a Box of Crayons

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Life is LIke a Box of Crayons

Cpurl's Dad, flipping thru my TV channels: "Do you get the Versus channel?"
Cpurl: "Huh? What? Verses? Is that some new Christian Cable channel?"
Cpurl's Dad: "No, it's a sports channel, they're showing the Stanley Cup playoffs"
Cpurl: "Oh."

This scene has nothing to do with the YP below, but I am fearful that I'm becoming Rosanne Rosannadanna:



###


Last week, after the Antique Fair, this yarn I purchased our LSY. The label of the yarn says it's Rainbow Fibers but she does have an etsy shop called sharing.

This skein is called "Box of Crayons"


It's like getting to fulfill all of Project Spectrum in one shot!

I can't wait to see how this will knit up--it's so bright!
“We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.” --Albert Einstein

I also finished my May Socktopia socks picking the theme, "Fiesta"



Yarn: Regia Bamboo Clown Color 1062, 45% bamboo, 40% new wool, 15% polyamide
Pattern: None, just plain ole' stockinette
Needles: Knit Picks Options, size 1
Notes: Of the non-wool yarns I've tried for socks so far, I'd put this one near the top of the list. It's much less splitty that the Tofutsies yarn and pretty soft
.

9 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger sgeddes said...

If I didn't know better I'd think you took my yarn ;-)

I love the socks - they cam out great.
And I used to watch Rosannadanna all the time! I miss her.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

So pretty! Love that yarn...so much color!!

Your socks look fabulous! I sooooo want to get to the point where I am consistent making at least one pair of socks a month :) Great job!!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Beautiful yarn, and such happy socks! It's bright out, and when it's bright out, I'm a sucker for happy socks. I must be the only goth wearing tie-dye socks in the summer.

Versus Channel, huh? Never heard of it either!

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Very cool yarn! I thought the same thing when Dr. MS asked me if we got Versus. I think it used to be called something else..but they show a lot of his football in the fall. Boys. Whatever!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Love the Einstein quote. He was quite a catch, huh? :D I love the yarn. It is very fittingly named. I have no idea what the versus channel is. It's funny that you said a religious channel. God versus the devil. haha

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger LeftCoast Knits said...

Mmmmm- I love that yarn! Your socks look great too!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe! Sgeddes is right! Wow! GMTA! Can't wait to see what you knit with those. Your fiesta socks are cute and colorful! Glad to hear it isn't splitty too!

I loved Rosannadanna too!

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Martina said...

I really miss Rosannadanna! Nice crayons!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Box of crayons is absolutely the perfect name for that yarn. Can't wait to see it knitted up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home