a dillydallyknitter: ABC Blog Rollin', Christmas Style...

Monday, December 25, 2006

ABC Blog Rollin', Christmas Style...

I'm combining the last letters of the ABC-along with a little show and tell of some of the nice gifts I received for Christmas!



U
U is for UPC Code. In this case, it's the code for "No Idle Hands: The Social History for American Knitting" by Anne L. Macdonald. So when I'm not knitting and I'm reading, I can read about the history of American knitting.





V
V is for Vogue "The Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Volume Three: Color Knitting: The Ultimate Stitch Dictionary from the Editors of Vogue Knitting Magazine." So when I'm not knitting, and I want to play, I can play with color knitting.



W
W is for Walker. Barbara Walker's "Treasury of Knitting Patterns." So when I'm not knitting, and I want to study, I can study knitting patterns from a classic.



X
X is for Xesus, which is the Galacian version of "Jesus". Galacia is located in Spain, where this Nativity set was made. Watching over Jesus is Xavier, his pet camel and a new addition to the stable. (A gift from my wonderful friend Miss K.)
You'll be happy to know that there has been no violence at the stable for the past few days, Santa brought the gangsta kitties great gifts and all is well chez cpurl.


Y
Y is for Yarn Meter. So when I'm not knitting, and I want to measure something, I can measure how much yarn I have left! (I can't wait to try this out)




Z
Z is for Zimmerman. Elizabeth Zimmerman's "Knitting Around."
So when I'm not knitting or measuring yarn, I can learn from a Knitting Legend.



All the knit books and yarn meter were gifts from my beautiful baby sister.

I hope Santa was good to you all!!

P.S. I wish I had a photo but my Dad's sock is about 1.5 inches too long in the foot, gah! So I'm going to undo the toe and shorten. I also wish I had done some calf shaping. Next time I knit man socks, I'm using worsted weight wool!!


3 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Awesome gifties there!! Way to finish up the abc's! I just have Y and Z....Glad the gangsta kitties are behaving..hehe!! You have a sweet sister...and you are very sweet yourself!! :)

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Thanks for the reminder that I need to do Z!

Your sister is too cool!!! Does she knit too? Because seriously those are some pretty impressive books and swag to get a knitter if she's a non-knitter!

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Here here for the men's worsted weight socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home