a dillydallyknitter: Life is a Cabaret, Old Chum

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Life is a Cabaret, Old Chum

After languishing for months in my knitting bag, I finally completed the Cabaret Raglan by Norah Gaughan from the summer 2004 Interweave Knits.





Yarn: Reynolds Cabaret 100% Cotton (discontinued, I bought on clearance)

The sweater turned out well but I don't like how it looks on me (wah!) so I'm sending it to my sister (who is more petite than me).

Put down the knitting,

The book and the broom.

Time for a holiday.

Life is Cabaret, old chum,

Come to the Cabaret!


10 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, Blogger Lara 900 said...

I love it! It's beautiful! -- and nice photography skills!

Lucky sister.

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Fríða said...

beautiful sweater! maybe I ought to start buying IK.
my best from Iceland
Frida

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Aww that sucks! It's beautiful! Are you sending it straight off, or saving it for Christmas? I'd do that. Check one off the list.

And I got the books! Thank you so much! I have to master the reading/knitting at the same time thing. Just have to figure out how to hold the pages open.

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Lovely job! Sorry it won't work on you though! Hate it when that happens! :)

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Turtlegirl has an excellent idea--save it for Christmas!
Great job on it! I like that nice simple pattern with pretty details.
But I figured there was something wrong when we only got to see it on the hanger. :-(

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Hey, it looks to be just MY size ;)

I think it's beautiful, and your sister will love it - but I agree, save it for Christmas!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Jody said...

I love the color and the pattern is beautiful - great job!

yeah - I agree - save it for Christmas!

 
At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice work!!!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Pretty pretty!

No modeled shot?

I want to see the fit!

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely sweater! Too bad it doesn't fit you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home