a dillydallyknitter: Baseball, Sox 4 My Sister and SP Madness

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Baseball, Sox 4 My Sister and SP Madness

My sister modeled one completed sock before we headed out for an Oakland A's vs. the Seattle Mariner's baseball game. I knit this pair on size 0's and it was coming out just a skosh too small for me but perfect for her size 4.5 feet.

Here, in homage to the Yarn Harlot school of traveling sock photography, Mr. Sock enjoys the view from the BART train:


And here he takes in the warm up while waiting for his cold beer. (Cup holders make great yarn holders)

Two things of note happened during this game:

1) In the 3rd Inning, Adam Melhus hit a GRAND SLAM which pretty much set the pace for a 12-6 win over the Mariners. (Hey K, he was born in Santa Clara!)
and
2) In the 5th Inning, I turned the heel on my sock from memory and without looking at my cheat sheet! So, as a have-to-repeat-something-100-times-before-I-Get-It-knitter, this means I can now knit a sock from memory, yay!

Note to self: when your Team hits a Grand Slam and you throw your arms up in the air--don't forget that you're holding knitting needles. Luckily, there was no one next to me and no eyes were poked out but I did manage to pull about 4 feet of yarn out of my bag

In other news, I have become the Tracy Flick of Secret Paling and, in a bit of overzealousness, I realized that I have signed up for:

1) Knitty.com's SP 07
2) The One Skein Swap
3) The Cheap A$$ SP 2
4) Project Spectrum's post card swap

Luckily, these take more creativity than cash and it's fun so I won't need to take out a second mortgage in order to play.

9 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger LeftCoast Knits said...

I love your new sock and am extremely jealous of it's exciting baseball game watching bart riding life! I hope your sister had a great visit!

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo! Way to show a sock a good time!

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

What fantastic socks! Love those colours. Glad the sock enjoyed the day out ;)

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Love those sock colors!!! And size 4.5 feet? Is this an adult sister? If so, wow.

Way to go on turning the heel sans sheet too! (I'm *almost* at that point!)

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have called you the Marcia Brady of SPing, but maybe it's the same thing.

Marcia,Marcia,Marcia

WOOHOO-- Santa Clara rocks!

Pretty socks, and maybe the sis will stop the public whining for socks of her very own....

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

WTG you! Nice job on the sock, even if you can't wear it! Love the sock on the go pics!! BTW did sock #2 get his/her beer??? Inquiring minds want to know LOL!

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Can't believe the Mariners lost so badly. I blame it on the socks!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger lobstah said...

Nice sock!

I don't dare take knitting to any baseball games, for fear that rabid fans might throw empty keg cups at my head.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Nice sockies!

I miss BART. Public transport is nada here! (not like we need it, but it sure is nice to knit on the way to work!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home