a dillydallyknitter: Please Mama Can I Keep Her?

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Please Mama Can I Keep Her?

My SP is Practically Perfect in Every Way!

I received my third and final package from my SP today!! Even the cats came running over to see what I they got.

Remember Mary Poppins with her magic carpet bag? Once again, I have received the magic envelope stuffed with knitterly goodness! She sent me some lovely hand painted wool & mohair 2-ply yarn from New Zealand, the most beautiful pink & mauve hand dyed sock yarn from Wales. (Must listen to Cast-On while knitting with this yarn!), 2 huge chocolate bars, a Fiber Trends pattern for "Railroad Rib Socks" (my SP is also psychic--I was JUST thinking about what sock pattern I wanted to do next, not too plain, not too lacy, and voila, the PERFECT pattern shows up in my mailbox), a "get knitted" pen and treats for the gatos (which I have to hide in air tight containers in a drawer because a mere cupboard is no obstacle for the uber cat nose of Cary).

Oh, and in another show of amazing psychic command, she sent me some Brittany DPNs!! Last week, in sock class, I was soooooo coveting the short
Brittany needles that all the other students were using but didn't feel I could justify buying any because I had perfectly fine bamboo needles and now I have my own set! And, I must confess, I originally thought Brittany needles came from, well, Britain. They don't. They come from NORTHERN CALIFORNIA. So how cool is it that someone halfway 'round the world introduces me to needles that come from a place located about 3 hours drive away.


Beautiful sock yarn


Lovely lace yarn

Sock pattern



And Cary busting into the kitty treats!

So, just who is this mystery SP 'O mine?

She works in London but lives outside of the City

She raises kids but doesn't have "kids".

And she has a great sense of humour!

I'm going to venture a guess... and say she's the super talented and wonderful person who shares the same first name as my darling sister. Stay tuned to see if I'm right!

2 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Ooooh! How nice! You have a great SP!!!! :)

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

Life IS too short to iron your underpants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home