a dillydallyknitter: G is for Gato...

Thursday, April 06, 2006

G is for Gato...


...and for another Gratuitous cat photo. But who can resist, after a month of rain, a few hours in the sun and a chance to get your ears cleaned.

Knitting-wise, not much getting done but the trio of Umbilical Cord hats I made for my cousin's new triplet baby boys. Of course, as preemies, they won't grow to fit in these for a long time...so I'm going to whip out (or so she says) some preemie sized caps.


Shh, don't tell any of my fibersnob pals but I knit them out of Red Heart Soft Yarn and I have to admit, I really liked working with it. As much as I love natural fibers, I just couldn't bare to give the mother of triplets something that wasn't machine wash AND tumble dry. If you know of any luxury baby yarn brands that hold up to repeated dryer runs, please let me know!!

9 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Hey! I like Gato! That's a clever use for "G" and it avoids the "C"=cat (or just wait til we get to "K"!)

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Cute hats! The RHS is wonderful to knit with. I made DD's green day hat with it. I think it is perfect for a baby!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger sgeddes said...

I love the picture of Gato! And you got another G in with Grautitous! the hats are really sweet!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Adorable hats! Great work!

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Not lame a$$ at all! Great photo!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Brittany said...

Love the hats. Not to be an enabler or anything, but http://www.elann.com has some Laines du Nord Baby Star that is machine wash. Never used it myself but it is calling out to me!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

That's so cute!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

beautiful kitties! No need to apologize for using Red Heart. The triplet's mama will appreciate it.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Veena BooChi said...

I have no problems with anyone using red heart or carons! Machine washable is heaven for new parents!

I saw your stash in a previous post and I am seriously drooling over it... oh the possibilities!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home