a dillydallyknitter: Post Knitting Olympic Thoughts

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Post Knitting Olympic Thoughts

I was reading a post Knitting Olympics follow-up on the Yarn Harlot’s website, (She was the one who came up with the idea for the Knitting Olympics), and there were many comments posted from knitters adding what they had learned during the KO. That got me thinking (which is dangerous when one has a migraine) about my personal KO experience and here are some things I learned:

• Even though I’m a procrastiknitter, I can knit a basic sweater in 14 days
• I’m ready for something more challenging
• I know a lot more about Figure Skating than I’m willing to admit
• How great it is to have friends and family cheering for you on the sidelines
• I’m a little smaller than think I am—either that or I don’t measure very well
• That in this media mangled, over-hyped up world, I can still tear up when the underdog wins (I also tear up at Hallmark commercials)
• I can knit something for myself that I love wearing
• I love being part of a knitting community

Behold, my Knitting Olympic Medal!

3 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Congratulations on the Gold Medal!

I love your photo-scroll. It looks great. Who's the hot-babe in the pink sweater?

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Woohoo! You got your medal! :) It is a great sweater..you did awesomely...hehe :)

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Are the endorsements flooding in? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home