a dillydallyknitter: F is for...

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

F is for...

The Ferry Building


I took BART (commuter train) into to San Francisco to meet some lovely friends for lunch today and arrived early so I could walk around downtown.

This is my photo of the San Francisco Ferry Building which was once, uh, a ferry building and now houses some wonderful shops, markets and restaurants.

On the way out, I stopped off at an amazing yarn shop called Artfibers . This shop is where I first learned to knit so it's hallowed ground for me. Artfibers sells exquisite yarns spun in their own nearby mill (no name brands) and is a great place to just hang out. They'll let you sit in their "yarn tasting" lounge and knit up any of the yarns they sell before you buy.















I picked up a hank of their pink Celtic 100% extrafine merino wool for a friend who has requested a pink scarf. This yarns is super thick and oh-so-very very soft (knits up on size 17's) .

By the way--we had a minor earthquake in the hood yesterday. It's been said that animals can predict earthquakes and I want you to know, just seconds before it happened, my kitties were no exception. Here's Mika's lightening quick reaction:




Oh, and someone needs to tell those cats to clean the windows.

3 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Ah see, I like that F! Beautiful! I'm a relatively small town girl so that building just seems so ginormous to me!

And that cat comment made me laugh, as the owner of many lazy cats in my days both in earthquake prone areas and stable places I can identify!!!!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger sgeddes said...

I like the pic of the Ferry Building. It is very interesting to see thingas like that from far away cities! You kitty has some great poses - looks like quite a ham. I love that silk scarf your making - I think it will turn out beautiful.

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Marie said...

That yarn looks so scrumptious! I live in SF and have yet to to make it to Artfibers...must go soon...well, as soon as my credit card recovers from my last yarn purchases...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home