a dillydallyknitter: WIP Wednesday

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

WIP Wednesday

Well it's been busy at work so not much knittin' going on.

I've got one lonely Noro sock going (slowly):


Last November I started the Boise Lace wrap and about a two inches in I made a mistake on the garter stitch edging where, for a few rows, I knit stockinette. I tried to ladder down and fix it but the yarn is sticky and I didn't get optimal results. I thought it wouldn't bother me so I plowed on for several more inches. Then Christmas knitting got in the way and I put it aside.

But it did bother me so, and I couldn't shake it so, at the beginning of the year, I ripped it all out and started over again and so far, so good:

Then, this weekI started an afghan sampler for my Dad--I've had the yarn for the afghan in my stash for well over a year It will take 20 squares and this is my first one in the Cable Check pattern:

Lion's Brand Fisherman's Wool. .5 down and 19.5 to go.

For Christmas, Muggle friend K gave me the Knit Picks Harmony inter changeable needles set (yes she's an awesome friend!!) and they needed a snazzy new home so I got me one of these:

From the fabulous etsy shop called Janez place!

30 seconds after I took the photo, guess who decides to use it as a cushion?

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

How cute is that fabric on the needlecase! Love it!

Pretty noro sock yarn...are you liking it? Snowboarder got me two skeins for Christmas..can't wait to try it!

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Those are some pretty WIPs you've got on the go. Why oh why does work have to eat into knitting time? :0

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger Virtuous said...

Ooh I am liking the cable check pattern! Where do I find it my dear?!? :o)

And even though it is a pain, glad you decided to start clean on the shawl.

Well guess who just ordere her Harmony set! ;op I may look into a new fabric home for them....does your needles easily fall out???

Hope you get some work reprieve during the 3 day weekend. Happy MLK!! :oD

 
At 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lace looks great!! Love the needle case too!

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Very nice WIPs. I can't wait to see your dad's afghan as it progresses.

It's the power of the dark fabric that lures the white haired cats (and this goes vice versa for dark cats and white fabric).

And yes, your Muggle Friend K is awesome--she spoils you rotten! ;-)

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger weezalana said...

You know, life would be so much easier if work didn't get in the way. ;)

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Beverly said...

Is that the Noro sock yarn? Whaddaya think of it?

The lace is stunning.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

Those are just gorgeous WIPs. Nice case.

Do you think the people that whip out complicated knitting thing after complicated knitting thing don't have jobs? Or lives? Or do they just knit super fast?

Sigh.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger bmom said...

Work definitely cuts into your free time.

But you have a lot of WIPs -- very nice.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Yay, I'm not the only one frogging. It looks lovely! Nice sock too! Your Dad's afghan is going to be really nice too! Hehe..yeah, I have to cover all my cases in progress as my cat would do the same thing!

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a whole lotta WIP going on-- that and the 365 could easily be a full-time job. Without the dumb bosses and junk.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger yarnsnob said...

I really like your father's afghan. I am sure that he will love the final product.
Isn't that how kitties are. they are always into stuff and always lay on my knitting as well.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Beautiful. I love the wrap (looks great, ripping was the right choice), and the afghan pattern is just awesome.

Nice cat bed! : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home