a dillydallyknitter: MY Blog Makes Me Yawn!

Monday, February 04, 2008

MY Blog Makes Me Yawn!

I've been seeing a lot of "Smile" awards around the knitting blogs lately and decided that my blog was feeling left out and so I awarded myself the:

It takes a special talent to create a blog that doubles as an instant cure for insomnia. I like to think of it as a special public serivce to those who cannot afford an Ambien prescription. Sure, it would be easy to update you with beautifully knitted objects, but in world where it's taking me a week to knit one afghan square, even that progress would be a snore!

In the spirit of giving, I'll award this to 10 people whose blogs are equally dull and uninspiring:

1. Left Coast Knitter - Dude. Update your blog. Rhinebeck was so last year.

2. Bezzie - No, her blog isn't boring but she wins everything so I had to include her.

3. Ummmm. Ok, no one in my Bloglines has a boring blog but feel free to award yourself if you're feeling dull or you like photos of cute babies yawning.

So, while the blog is dull, life has been good of late:

On Superbowl Sunday, while many were watching a football game and subjected to lame commercials, I was at MamaC's Yarn Swap & Knitting Frenzy:

Checking out the yarn up for swap. One knitter's trash stash is another knitter's treasure!

Of course there was delicious pot luck:


And the lovely Left Coast Knitter keeping guard over some cool Noro yarn she scored by spiking my Mimosa and tripping me as I ran towards the pile of fiber. Next to her is some my score: some Queensland Kathmandu Aran and vintage Peer Gynt sock yarn.

I've also been busy with my Project 365 photo challenge. This represents my January:

Project 365 January 2008



Zonda sent me some blogging mojo so hopefully I'll back more often to bore amuse you!

16 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Hey! Your blog is never boring!

Your photos of your Superbowl yarn fest make me yearn to go to a real live yarn store - I can't remember the last time I set foot in one (well, there's an old lady in a village near here who sells some wool in her shop, but she scares the bejesus out of me - she shouts if you touch the yarn, in French, scary - which really doesn't count).

I love your collage of photos for January - neat!

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger Eryn said...

I'm going to have to steal that award - I can be much more boring than you!

I love the idea of a yarn swap/knit fest for the Superbowl. I can't believe we didn't do something like that here. Ahh - there's always next year.

You Project 365 looks awesome.

 
At 3:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think your blog is boring but I was happy to see you update it! ;)
The yarn swap sounds like fun!

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

You're crazy woman. Y'ain't boring. You just need to blog MORE!

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Virtuous said...

Hahaha! Gurl you are a mess!

I LUV your blog!!:oD

What a great way to spend super bowl!

And I really like your summary of the 365 photos...very helpful for ADD folks ;op

Nice stills!

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

LOL! You blog is never boring - but I agree with Turtlegirl - just post more often.

How can those gangsta kittties be boring?

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Wuhahahahahaa! And hey, I'll bet it doesn't come with those sleep-walking side effects of Ambien--much safer!

You crack me the hell up.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger weezalana said...

LOL! Yeah. You're a real snoozer. Mmmm hmmm.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Beverly said...

Your blog is most certainly not boring. Mine definitely wins that award. I feel so special. Finally, an award!

Your yarn fest sounds way more fun than my stupid bowl sunday was. I did get lots of knitting done while trying to ignore the game.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger bmom said...

That's so funny -- just like the rest of your blog!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Karen said...

LOL, you are too funny. And so not boring. Don't feel left out - you were on my list, but I never got around to posting it because all I can blog about is my sick kitty. People SO must be bored with that. Hopefully he can get better soon, so it can be back to a knitting blog and not an ill cat blog.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Heh girly you are so not boring!! Cute button though! I'm loving your 365 pics too! That looked like a great time swapping yarns!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Ceallach said...

Whew!

I am sooo glad that I did not make your boring blog list.....

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog doesn't make me yawn and I see my feet in the Project 365 pics. I can't believe none of us are wearing knitted socks!

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

I wasn't yawning when I read this post. At first I was smiling..cute baby picture...it was funny. The I started laughung and holding my breath at the same time! OMG! She's really going to list ten. Holy cow. And then I laughed more, mostly out of pure relief when you stopped listing! Funny, Funny Girl. Thanks for the chuckle.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

I would have loved something like that! Your Superbowl Yarn Fest swapping yarn idea looks like a lot of fun! Wonderful food spread, one of everything please.LOL I love it all.

PS. Yes, one day we should do a swap! That would be fun:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home