a dillydallyknitter: It’s time to play the Cpurl Black Friday Game!!

Friday, November 23, 2007

It’s time to play the Cpurl Black Friday Game!!

Feeling Lucky? Killer Shopping Instincts Sharpened? Then Let's Play!

  1. Start at Square One: "Adopt a Family" for Christmas
  2. Scour 5 pounds of "Day After Thanksgiving" Ads – move ahead 3 spaces
  3. Wake up at 3:30 AM and arrive at Mervyn’s on time – Extra Spin!
  4. Get $10 gift card for being one of 250 to enter the store–Skip ahead one space
  5. Bonus Round! Girl leaving store gives you her extra $10 card!
  6. Run around scoring Door Buster bargains– Move ahead 7 spaces
  7. Get ready leave store and realize in a panic that Blackberry is missing lost? stolen? – move back 10 spaces to Penalty Box
  8. Wake up Dad from deep sleep to borrow cell phone and spend the next hour searching for cell phone but to no avail – move back 5 spaces
  9. Check Customer Service 2 times but no phone - move back 2 spaces
  10. Drive home and contact company IT dept to disconnect email link and call AT&T to suspend phone number – Get out of jail, Move 1 space ahead
  11. Miss 40% off first hour only sale at LYS but arrive in time for 20% hour –Move 4 steps back but move 2 steps ahead
  12. LYS Owner feels bad over missing Blackberry and gives you 30% off – move 1 space ahead
  13. Go to Target for more bargains – 3 steps ahead
  14. Go to Costco – score front row parking space – Move 2 spaces ahead
  15. Go to Walmart – buy more stuff and some food for Food Pantry – Move 4 spaces ahead
  16. Go to OSH and get deal on Father’s Christmas gift – Move 3 spaces ahead
  17. Go home take nap – Rest in corner square
  18. Go to Parent’s for Leftovers – Move 1 space ahead
  19. Go back to Mervyn’s to have forgotten sensor removed from a gift – Move back 1 space
  20. Go home, discover Sock Swap package from ZKnitter, go straight to Winner's Circle—YOU WIN!!!!

I think Christmas came early!! Ok, we're both a tad late with the Sock Swap but it was definitely worth the wait!! Look!

The cutest Momma Monkey Sock Bag ever! It puuurfectly matches my lexie barnes bag! Peppermint Bark! An adorable CarrieKnits handmade card and squeeeeeeeeeee, Embossed Leaves socks!!

(Ignore the black and white blur on the right--I couldn't keep the kittehs out of the photo)

Inside the sock bag there was a skein of adorable Yarn Pirate sock yarn in the "Pretty Pirate" colorway that match the Monkey bag and some cute "C" notecards!!

And, oh my, the most gorgeous socks - Embossed Leaves perfectly and I mean PERFECTLY knit in Wollmeise Sockenwolle, Wilder Mohn ("Wild Poppy") colorway.

They fit like a dream! Look at the workswomanship!

Thank you Zknitter!! You're the Bestest!!

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Wow! Busy Black Friday for you!! Sorry about your blackberry, but thank goodness, Zknitter to the rescue!! What a fabulous swap pal she is!

Those socks are gorgeous!! And hey, she's been saving that card since last year!! (I definately need to make some more!)

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Virtuous said...

Too cute! Loved the game!
That SUCKS @ Blackberry...I would have never thought to suspend my phone #. Hope you find it soon OR get one that is even better than the last! :o)

Very nice @ extra gift card and 30% @ LYS. Not to mention your ROCKIN' SOCK PACKAGE getting good mail like that makes up for everything!!

And I love that pepperment G candy! Yum!

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Ha ha! Most Hilarous post ever! I'm sorry about your blackberry but those socks certainly take the sting off!

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I'm sorry about your blackberry! But I've seen those socks in person and boy, are you lucky! They're gorgeous! And a fabulous package to go with them!

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Jo said...

Very pretty socks! I only hit 3 stores yesterday - Michaels, Target, and Borders... but I didn't go early in the morning.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Stacie said...

whew! I am dizzy and wiped out just reading that post! I was going to take the kiddos out for something to do yesterday, and then remembered you crazy people would be out there shopping like mad! I'll wait for xmas eve, thank you! Did you find your phone?? Great socks too!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Well, after your day yesterday, I am so glad they were waiting for you! Sorry to hear about your Blackberry too!

Squee they fit!! I was so nervous as the pattern called for it to end then or be too big for you! *wipes sweat off brow*

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

Those are GORGEOUS socks. Fun game -- I can't imagine how tired you must have been. Sorry about your blackberry. Have fun resting up so you can get back into the rush next week -- wearing those socks, you'll probably be able to leap tall buildings.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Eryn said...

I'm tired just reading about your day! Is the blackberry officially gone?

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger weezalana said...

Sorry about the Blackberry, but holy cow woman! That was some SERIOUS shopping!

Fab socks and swap score! Lucky girl!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Reminds me of how I thought I had dropped my VISA card in the parkade the other day...hopefully your blackberry will show up; check between the driver's seat and the console.

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger Linda said...

What great socks and I love the bag and matching yarn!

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Love the bag and the sock yarn, and those pretty red socks... you really did luck out.

Your Black Friday activities take astounding dedication. 3:30 am? Wow. You wouldn't be able to get me out of bed before 6 unless I were giving birth or something.

Sorry about the Blackberry ordeal.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Eric & Tony said...

Wow, you're braver than me. I lock the doors and lower the blinds on Black Friday.

Phooey re: Blackberry :(

The Embossed Leaves are lovely. And pretty pirate is so . . . pretty.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger yarnsnob said...

I am so glad that you like your socks that Zonda knitted for you....I saw them as they were being knitted, and love them. :0)
Balck Friday made me sick!!! I sat in front of Staples from 10 pm to 6 pm when the store opened to get a laptop. But now I am sick!! But atleast I got a noce laptop.

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

I'm still hyperventilating about the loss of the Blackberry ;)

Zknitter definitely came to the rescue though. What beautiful socks, and a gorgeous bag.

 
At 4:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are great! And I love that project bag. What a cute pattern!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Ouch, sorry about the Blackberry. What a drag.

But that package sure was a great end to your day!! The package you sent her was fabulous too. :)

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! You totally scored on this swap! I want some embossed leaves socks too:)

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had to comment to make an even 20 :) Thanks for all the shopping for Glenda and fam-- she's gonna love it!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Zonda is kickass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home