a dillydallyknitter: Under the Sea...

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Under the Sea...

Under the sea, under the sea
Darling it's better down where it's wetter
Take it from me
Up on the shore they work all day
Out in the sun they slave away
While we're devoting full time to floating
Under the sea,

But I had a coupon! Fromthe STR rock club and it was burning a hole in my pocket so here are my sea related purchases:





Socktopus:



Lunasea (with Mika legs)








And finally, Stormy Weather





Last but not least is the yarn I received for this month's shipment, Walking On the Wild Tide:
It's got silk blended in and is soooooooooooooo soft. I think there's a new clapotis in my future.
And, as many of you know, the Blue Moon ladies always put a note inside the club sock band:
Bladder-fucus: n : common black rockweed used in preparing kelp and as manure [syn: blacdderwrack, black rockweed, tang, Fucus vesiculosus ]

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Beautiful choices. I just used my coupon the other day and they posted new colors today!

A couple new in each color category - I love algae!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Wow what a great theme! I don't know what I love more, the name "Soctopus" or the color on Stormy Weather?

Now I shall be singing like Sebastian all night long. I don't get to watch that movie much surrounded by all these men anymore. :-(

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is your sockapalooza 4 pal, just stalking your blog looking for sock inspiration!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

But I had a coupon....hehehe...I said that too!!! Love the colors you chose! Stormy weather...wow! It looks different then what I expected....love it!

I know, I know they posted more pretty colors...Algae.... tanzanite. I'm trying to resist, but I'm not sure I can.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Meghann said...

Ahhhh.....Little Mermaid, a regular movie around our house! LOL!

LOVE the Soctopus....I wasn't so into it on the website, but it's gorgeous!

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe! I got Socktopus too! But I didn't get to use the coupon! I am so getting the stormy weather now though! Enabler ;)...nothing like the pot calling the kettle black huh! ;) I'm an Oarweed!

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Fantastic choices. I think Stormy Weather is my favourite.

Such beautiful yarn.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Yeah, my coupon is burning a whole in my pocket too and I thought I had my order all planned out,but NOW after seeing yours I might have to change it. The socktopus is much more enticing after drooling over pictures on your blog...and then there's that Little Bunny Foo Foo. What's a knitter to do?

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Karen said...

So beautiful!!!!

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

Beautiful yarns!

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Stacie said...

yum!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Rain said...

You've acquired some absolutely gorgeous stuff recently. I can't wait to see how it all knits up.

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Don't know why...there's no sun up in the sky...Story Weather...

Um, Bladder-fucus? Is that the name of the colourway? Eeek!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home