a dillydallyknitter: Seattle Yarn Pr0n

Friday, April 13, 2007

Seattle Yarn Pr0n

Overheard at the Weaving Works.
Cpurl's Mom: "You never knit me socks."
Cpurl: "Well, I've offered several times to make you socks but you were not interested"
Cpurl's Mom: "Oh. My feet get cold at night"
Cpurl: "Would you like me to knit you some socks?"
Cpurl's Mom: "Ok"
So we picked out Colinette Jitterbug in the Plum Plum Colourway:


We also looked through the store copy of IK's "Favorite Socks" and picked out a pattern. She liked the one that's on the cover.



Ever since I saw Panda Cotton on Zknitter's blog, I've been wanting to try it and was happy to find it at "So Much Yarn". Incidentally, knowing Zknitter is like having a personal yarn shopper. Whenever I want to find a cool new yarn to try, I just mosey on over to her blog. Don't believe me? Check out what she has posted today.






In other news, I have a feeling that the chats chez cpurl are not in favor of their new organic, wheat gluten, melamine and rat poisen free cat food. Or they could be upset that I put one of their placements upside down.


12 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Those bad, bad, kitties.
Hey, my feet get cold at night too!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Elspeth said...

Nooooooo, I saw Jitterbug at 3 different LYSs and never saw that gorgeous color! I'm so jealous!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

That's a gorgeous color! Your mom is so cute. I love the way she "asked" you to make her some socks!

Silly kitties!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Giggle, giggle! Love your colowau of Panda cotton! BTW, They did NOT have Jitterbug when I was there! Cause that color you got your Mom, would not have been there! :P

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

I love the colors of the Panda Cotton. And I completely agree that Z is a great yarn shopper/salesman!

Do you like the Favorite Socks book? I was trying to decide if I should get it.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Oooh, that Jitterbug yarn is beautiful!!! My Mom was never interested in socks either - until one day she said "I'd love those hand-knit socks you make". I think we somehow hypnotize them and get into their subconscious with all our sock knitting!!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger g-girl said...

wow, gorgeous color!

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never knit me socks.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Both sock yarns look great. That plum color is really beautiful!

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Calvin gallops into the kitchen all willy nilly and wild like and is constantly hurling himself into his food dish and sending bits of food flying. He's crazy. But he loves the food. Maybe your cats are just crazy, eh?

Love the Collinette. That's gorgeous!

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

I'm dying to try out that Jitterbug yarn. The shade you chose is gorgeous!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Ceallach said...

Those gangsta kitties should just be happy that they did not ruin your brand new screen door, in their fruitless efforts to become indoor/outdoor kitties.

Like mine.

I think I need to buy a Taser for the disobedient f*&^s.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home