a dillydallyknitter: A Valentine for Valkyrie

Sunday, February 11, 2007

A Valentine for Valkyrie

I was getting the camera out and Mika had to peek in at the action:

Last night I finished up some Monkey socks for my sock swap partner, Valkryie :


This is the first pair of STR that I've actually knit up and I loved working with it! This yarn was so smooth and springy and I had no splits at all but, as you can see, it's very pool-y. I happen to like how it pools and I hope Valkryie does too! These colors are very bright and made me happy while I was knitting them up.


This was also the first pattern I've tried by the much revered Cookie A. and it was very easy to follow and the sock knit up much quicker than I thought it would!






Details:
Pattern:Monkey Socks by Cookie A.
Source: Winter 2006 Knitty
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Lightweight: Rhodonite, 1 skein
Needles: Brittany Birch US 1.5
Modifications: Worked pattern as written except for toe decreases (added more rounds to create a rounder toe).

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Cute picture of Mika. That yarn is really pretty, I quite like the colors. Nice job!!!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

I love how you arrange your pictures! Those socks are gorgeous! I like the pooling! Ummm can I have a candy heart? hehe! Mika is a cutie!

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Those are gorgeous!!!!

Tell Mika that Squeaky says HI. I think you're on to something with cats communicating with each other thru blog posts.

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Lovely socks! The colours really are pretty. I have one pair of STR socks that were a gift and they are my absolute favourites. I'm sure Valkyrie will love hers too.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Rain said...

I really like the pooling, they look gorgeous.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Lovely socks. And look at the cute kitty! Mika is adorable.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

These are too cute! I am in love with this pattern. If I were skilled enough and patient enough then these babies would be on my needles right now:)
Great yarn!!!

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks look fantastic! And such a pretty kitty!!!

 
At 3:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow those socks are lovely!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Ooooh! Pretty! I love how the STR pooled in the spiraly way with the pattern going across them and everything. Very cool.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Pretty socks...I like the candy sprinkled in the picture. Clever idea. I look forward to knitting those Monkeys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home