a dillydallyknitter: Procrasti-blocking

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Procrasti-blocking

After a few weeks of being tossed over a chair, I finally blocked my Flower Basket Shawl last Sunday. Since this was my very first lace shawl, I decided to record the process for posterity.

Wash:


Salad Spinner dry (glad to finally put my kitchen tools to good use):

Blocking on the Bed. (This little maneuver got someone kicked out of the bedroom):

Drying in the afternoon sun:

Not a very elegant shot, but the blocked shawl in full glory (Agan, Mika pulls a Ripple):

Close up 1:

Close up 2
This was knit in dk weight yarn. It was a good practice shawl and I believe I'm ready for a lace-weight project now.


p.s. I don't know what's going on with my blogger template other than blogger seems to hate me right now, won't let me switch to the new blogger and now my template's a bit jacked. sigh.

10 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Wow! The shaw is lovely. Great job.
Looks like the gangsta kitty was trying to go back to his old ways.

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you-- what a wonderful job!! Can't wait to see the lace-weight, you are awesome!

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The template looks ok to me!

Wow...check out the size on that thing! It's beautiful!!! Way to go!

What's with white cats being attracted to dark colored items and vice versa?

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Which one was that who got kicked out? Hope no harm was done to the shawl! Which BTW is gorgeous!!! Go you!! :)

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Rain said...

Ha ha I use a salad spinner too.

It looks absolutely stunning. I flinched at the kitty antics.

 
At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's beautiful! i love the color. this one is on my to-knit list someday.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

You genius! Salad spinner, I must get one!

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful shawl. And your cat is totally obsessed with it. That's so funny!

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How beautiful!! Your shawl turned out very, very nice.

Your cat seems to enjoy it, too!

 
At 5:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is stunning. It's a beautiful pattern and you chose such a lovely colour.

Lace knitting with something slightly thicker than laceweight suits me - lace weight yarn scares me!! :0

 

Post a Comment

<< Home