a dillydallyknitter: New Order

Sunday, January 21, 2007

New Order


Sitting of the sofa for most of two football games Sunday afternoon (with the the New Order technobeat an earworm in my head) I had plenty of time to finish my first socks of 2007: Blue Monday socks for Soctopia.

I chose a skein of TOFUtsies sock yarn by Southwest Trading Company. I thought a "healthy" dose of soy would be a great way to start out the new year and if I slack in my diet, at least my feet can be comfy. 50% Superwash wool, 25% Soysilk, 22.5% cotton and 2.5% Chitin. According to the label, chitin is a fiber made from shrimp and crab shells and naturally antibacterial.

So it's back to work Monday blues but when I get home I'll have new socks to slip into.

7 Comments:

At 2:40 AM, Blogger Rain said...

They look lovely, the yarn sounds amazing.

 
At 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe they varnish violins with chitin. I didn't know it was antibacterial though.

Very cool socks! Congrats on getting them done!

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Very nice looking socks. Interesting yarn! does it feel soft?

 
At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice socks! I'd seen the Tofutsies but never anything made of it. Now I know it looks good!

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Socks made from seashells!!?? Who'd have thought?

They look great.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

ha! It's Sock Prawn! lol

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha!! Sock Prawn, she's so clever! Awesome job girl!!! You'll have such clean feet now!!

That's it, you've got self-cleaning socks! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home