a dillydallyknitter: Finally Catching Up to Promises Made

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Finally Catching Up to Promises Made

I've been promising my sister a pair of fingerless gloves for months now so I started out knitting some Fetchings with a leftover ball of Rowan but then screwed up (forgot the cable twist at the thumb). I was going to rip and start over but realized I wouldn't have enough yarn left to re-make them so.........



....I made a second attempt 2 using Paton's SWS Soy Wool Stripes but I didn't like how the top part came out so...

for attempt three, I dashed over to a LYS and bought two skeins of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino aran and had enough to make the Fetchings:



And a matching Calorimetry!

I liked it so much and want to hang with the cool girls like Turtlegirl,Zknitter, LadyLungDoc, Domestic Overlord and Bezzie and Cooknknit that I made one for me with yarn my former secret pal PrincesRach sent me:

This is Twilleys of Stamford freedom spirit 100% wool
The head close up:
Could Caliorimetry be the first Clapotis-like must knit item of '07?

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's the cutest knitting model I've ever seen!!

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Quote: I've been promising my sister a pair of fingerless gloves for months now -

months?

oh well :) Better late than never and I can't wait to get them!! Especially with the crazy winter we've been having in WA! Thank you!! :)

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

WOO! You're cool too!

I love your final Fetchings! Third time is a charm!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger sgeddes said...

They look like a great set! Sounds like your sister is waiting for them too!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Awesome job on them!! Glad you perservered! I wasn't sure SWS would be the best for them, and now I know!Great job on your Calorimetry's too!! Go you!! We know what you've been doing all weekend! :) Nice pose there too!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Your Calorimetry looks great - I think you are right about it being the 'in' thing this year. I think I will be breaking soon and making one of my own.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Wow, for once I'm actually in sync with what is hot in the knitting universe!

Good job on hers and yours!!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Stacie said...

feeling like it might be! I have been wanting to make the gloves for awhile... those are beautiful!

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Not one but TWO Calorimetries!? Wow! They both look great! I'm particularly fond of that last one. I love the color!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Glad it turned out 3rd time lucky! the Fetching & Calorimetry look great. (So the fact that I was looking at this pattern just the other day and contemplating knitting it means I'm in sync with what's hot in the Knitting Universe too? :o )

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Batty said...

OK, that's it, I have to make me some of those! Both Calorimetries and the Fetchings look great. I think I have yarn for both somewhere in my stash...

 
At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Third time's the charm! Everything looks great!

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Rain said...

They look fab, especially the calorimetry in the twilley's.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Casey said...

I LOVE my fingerless gloves and hat-thingie! (don't know cool knitting name for it) it's so nice! I don't look as cute as you in it though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home