a dillydallyknitter: Blue Monday

Monday, January 15, 2007

Blue Monday

Last night I finished my first blue sock for Socktopia's January theme. Of the three theme possiblities, I chose the Blue Monday theme. This morning I woke up and kitchnered the toe. Not being a sharp morning person, this is a very dangerous activity.
One reason today is a Blue Monday? We didn't get the day off as a holiday from work so here I am at my desk, sneaking in the cast on for blue sock two.


###

Stop! In the Name of Blog!

Not being one for generating very many original ideas I was a little lost as to what I could post about after the ABC along finished last year. But then I read about the Do You Have One of These? hosted by Stacie of the mommymoshpit over on Bezzie's blog and I was saved!

The first assignment is easy: Post the Stop Sign nearest your house:

Stop Sign, 10:15 PM, 13-Jan-2007

This was taken with my camera phone as I drove by so it looks even creepier.

7 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger sgeddes said...

I joined the "Do you Have one of These" too! I think it will be fun.

Your sign does look a little spooky!

 
At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice sock!

Thanks for that link - I could do with something this year to encourage me to blog more often!

 
At 3:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice sock, particularly for one that was kitchenered early in the morning. I'm also not a morning person, which is frustrating because I've discovered that I do my best work between 9 PM and 2 AM, then between 6 AM and 11 PM, at which point I collapse.

The other thing not to do when you're sleepy: lace. Bad idea, that.

BTW, thanks for the encouraging comments on my blog! I hope your spinning is going OK too. Too bad you don't live nearby, we could wrestle with our spindles and laugh at each other when things go wrong.

 
At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job there!!

I agree, your sign does looks spooky at nite/early morning!
:)

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, even though I got yesterday off (and today--hooray for weenie Texans!) I'm jealous that you can sneak casting on a sock at work!!!! The first one looks good!

I dig the spooky stop sign. I wonder what people think when we take pictures of such mundane things? ;-)

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

spooky stop sign!

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

It is a spooky stop sign photo! Good job, like right out of a movie scene:) Nice sock and I am digging the reflection of it in the coffee pot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home