a dillydallyknitter: Thinking Pink

Monday, October 02, 2006

Thinking Pink

Last month I signed up for the Think Pink Challenge




and bought the yarn to make a soft scarf, but I'd work a row or two and lose interest and dilly dallied around with it until I read this loving tribute by Zonda and was reminded why I signed up for this in the first place.

Last night I finished the scarf and hope to make one more to send off by the 15th October deadline. I know that one pink scarf won't cure breast cancer but I do hope that it provides a little comfort to the woman who recieves it.

Ribbon-Trimmed Scarf made with Lion Brand® Velvetspun

5 Comments:

At 2:28 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Good for you. It's a lovely gesture.

 
At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a lovely scarf! : )

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

So pretty! I love the ribbon at the end, it really gives it a special somethin' somethin'.

I wish I had learned about this project earlier or alternatively had some pink yarn in my stash!

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful scarf. Bezzie is right - the ribbon is just the right touch.

I think you'll be surprised at just how much comfort a woman battling breast cancer will find in such a beautiful gift so lovingly made. (hint: it's not a little)

-SuperSecretAlias for your CASP3 Pal

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Sniff...you're a sweetie! that is a gorgeous scarf! That yarn is sooo soft too! Thank you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home