a dillydallyknitter: <strong>A</strong> very<strong>B</strong>ehind<strong>C</strong>purl...Along

Saturday, September 02, 2006

A veryBehindCpurl...Along

I'm soooo behind on the ABC Along so I thought I'd try to catch up this weekend. Here are L,M,N:

L is for Lucite:
I collect vintage Lucite purses and here are few from my small collection. Handbags in pristine condition are hard to find and have become very pricey on eBay and difficult to find at flea markets so I haven't added a new one in years. The Holy Grail of lucite bags for me is the Beehive bag.

They're delicate and difficult to store and sometimes get little cracks, which reduces the value but I still love this one.




I don't use these everyday but they're fun to take to parties or soirees. (yeah, like I go to soirees)


M is for Mug
Getting up in the morning to go to work is hard. So having a cup of coffee in a mug from someplace I've visited takes me to my happy place for just a few minutes.

This one, from the Grand Canyon, is a nod to Turtle Girl, who has writes one of my favorite blogs (yarn, cats, knitting, humor, what's not to love?):

N is for Nap....Which I'm off to do right now...

Discerning kitties agree, Elsbeth Lavold silky wool makes a great pillow.


5 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger soapy said...

ohh hkitty is soooo cute Napping with yarn! ;o)

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger mjm knitting said...

love the purses. especially the black one with the clear top, and that cat of yours is very adorable.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Lucite purses huh? Being the ignoramus I am, I didn't realize those ever existed--they're pretty darn cool!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Wow, love those purses!! I'm so behind too! :)

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

Mmmmm...lucite purses! I didn't have the funds for those when I was doing more vintage collecting, but did manage to get a few woven chrome basket purses. I may have to pick up a few lucite purses though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home