a dillydallyknitter: Forgive Me Knitters for I Have UFO

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Forgive Me Knitters for I Have UFO

...it's been a year since I've last picked up this scarf.

This week's Blogstalkin' assignment is to photograh, our oldest UFO. Mine is the Loopy Scarf from Knitty. I really have no idea why I haven't finished it other than I put it down one day and never picked it back up (which also describes my current method of housekeeping). Now that Fall's almost here, maybe I'll be inspired to knock this out.



Combo of Berroco Hip Hop and Kidsilk Haze knit on big 'ole US#17(12mm) needles

I've only been knitting for 1.5 years so I don't have very old knitting UFOs but my oldest fiber related UFO would be a Christmas counted cross stitch started about 4-5 years ago. I haven't cross stitched in years so maybe it will stitch itself in the middle of the night and I'll have it for Christmas 2100...

The headless reindeer:


A picture of the pattern: As you can see, I have a long way to go.

9 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I've got a ton of Xstitch UFOs! Yeah, I'll never finish them!

I like that loopy scarf. I've never seen that pattern before on Knitty. Hmmm...

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger LeftCoast Knits said...

Ooooh, your loopy scarf is far more complete than mine, which is of the same vintage. I think I only have about 6 inches done. I vaguely (it was that long ago)recall it being a pain in the butt to knit... Hmmm- now I'm gonna have to dig it out.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Cool scarf!!! I love that Xstitch! I only have quilt UFO's..yikes and a lot of them!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Nice scarf - I don't remember ever having seen this Knitty pattern before either. Hmm, it looks interesting.....

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Mag said...

I haven't finished a cross stitch yet, counted anyway. I finished a stamped sampler years ago. The cross size was at least double the size of the average counted cross size. Thus, finished quickly! Oh the pink loopy scarf is a typical sort of beginner's project. I've frogged a lot of things I lost interest in as I grew my skills and tastes.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Jo said...

*Snicker* - I love the headless reindeer - just right for this time of year!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Very cool scarf. I love it! You'll finish it someday, really, you will.

The cross-stitch project... well, you have at least a couple of months of busy stitching left, I'm sorry to say. But you'll finish someday.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

"Shorty the headless reindeer. Had a very sunken head
And if you ever saw him.
You would even scream in dread.

All of the other reindeer,
have no idea how he looks.
Because they don't exist yet.
Just inside a pattern book!"

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger weezalana said...

Nice scarf! Hmmm, maybe if you put it in a bag with the headless reindeer, they'll finish each other. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home