a dillydallyknitter: One Skein Secret Pal Gift

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

One Skein Secret Pal Gift


I finally boxed up my last package for my One Skein Secret Pal--I made her the Cabled Footies from One Skein (natch). This is the first knitted item I've ever made for a fellow Knitter so I hope she likes them! I ended up making 3 socks-no, my SP doesn't have 3 feet but the first one was so elfy looking with two big holes at the gusset that I made 2 more and ripped the first one. I cut the decrease rounds so that the toe would be more rounded.

These were made from Mission Falls 1824 yarn 100% superwash Merino wool. I hope she likes them. They're fun to make and a fast knit. After I was done, it felt funny going from size 8 DPNs back to size ones!

5 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Wow, you've got huevos. My biggest fear is knitting socks for another person (that's not a family member and stuck pretending they like the results). I'm always afraid the socks will be slightly different sizes, or I'll knit the wrong size entirely!

I'm impressed!!!!

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pal is going to love them! They look great, I love the bright red color

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger soapy said...

I bet she'll LOVE them and a beautiful choice of yarn too!
In the future try to pick up an extra stitch at the gussets on each side to avoid those nasty holes ;o)

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The socklettes look great and I'm sure your pal is going to love them!

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Nice job on those!! They look great! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home