a dillydallyknitter: E is for....

Saturday, March 11, 2006

E is for....

the Evil Queen



There's a shop in Disneyland's Fantasyland called the Villain's Lair (currently closed) that featured merchandise with a Disney villain theme. Several years ago I was there and saw this framed print in the back of the shop and bought a copy of the print and had it framed. I love this print because, to me, she represents the evil side of beauty. The Queen, if you recall, is an aging beauty so consumed with jealousy over the young Snow White that she is willing to change herself physically in order to find and kill her. Reminds me of a lot of women I see in here in California--so obsessed with staying young that they torment their bodies in a desperate attempt to hang on to their fading looks instead of aging gracefully.

Currently the Queen hangs over my Stash where she protects it from harm. Unfortunately, she craves more yarn to protect so she has placed a Curse on me. I may knit as long as I wish but can never stop giving her more yarn.

5 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Very wicked E! I like the print.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Karen said...

That's awesome!

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That's a great print! She and Cruella de Vil were two fictional characters I was petrified of as a child ;)

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

PEFECT "E"!!!!

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Ali said...

You have a "wicked" sense of humour. Love your "E".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home