a dillydallyknitter: Knitting Olympics, a Nice RAK and Stitches

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Knitting Olympics, a Nice RAK and Stitches


So, I'm one of 4,000 knitters worldwide in the Knitting Olympics (click on the button on the right hand side if you'd like details). We cast on during the Opening Ceremonies and knit like mad until the closing ceremonies. I'm making a sweater--actually this first sweater for me. Well, I did make the Einstein but this is the first pullover sweater.

This was the sweater after the weekend and here it is as of last night. I think I'm making good progress. It's just a plain stockinette with a turtle neck that I made up on Sweater Wizard. While a challenge for me in my novice Olympics, it's not so much for more advanced knitters. There's some amazing stuff being knit right now! But that's what's cool about this event--each is challenged according to her/his level.











Last week, I received a wonderful RAK (Random Act of Kindess) in the mail from Ali, who is one of the nicest people on the Knittyboard. I wasn't expecting it so it was a wonderful treat.

She sent me two hanks of color-your-own merino wool + some Kool-Aid. I can't wait to try it!!

Finally, I'm about to jump in the shower and then head over to Stitches West, which is a huge knitting and fiber arts exhibition (eeee!). I'm pretty excited as every knitter I have met over the past year gushes about Stitches and how it's a Knitters nirvana. I just hope I don't spend too much money.

Oh, a special Shout Out to my sister, who sent me some emergency replacement iPod earbuds so I can listen to the Pod once again.

Finally, my theme song of the week is: "Beautiful Day" by U2 because the past week and a half has just been gorgeous around here. I guess we're going to get some chilly/rainy weather soon (ok, ok, chilly for California) so enjoy it while you can!

1 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

UGH! Lucky you! Stitches West...man, wonder if they'll ever get stitches South! HEHE

Great progress girl on your sweater I love the color and it looks very sooft!

take care :) hugs Z

 

Post a Comment

<< Home