a dillydallyknitter: There's Life Outside of Knitting...

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

There's Life Outside of Knitting...

As if Stitches wasn't enough, I had the pleasure of attending my first ever Quilt Show with some muggle friends last Sunday.


Professional auctioneers Pete and "Sleepy" work the crowd to bid higher.



My friend's Mom in front of one of her quilts. She specializes in Asian inspired quilts and has fabrics in her stash from a name well known by knitters, Kaffe Fasset!



I even bid on and won a quilt pieced with vintage fabrics and a some modern. It was so much fun bidding and watching others bid! (I couldn't get a good lighting for a photo the colors IRL are much prettier )



Here's a very lucky kitty named Skippy who found a home at my friend's Mom's cozy house!

###

On the knitting side, I don't have much to show for WIP Wednesday but I did cast on a shawl using one of my Stitches acquisitions from Brooks Farm:
The colorway is darker blue than it looks in the first photo and looks more like dark denim.

I'm making the Magic Shawl that was hanging in the Brooks Farm booth, in the medium size. The pattern calls for 2 skeins of Acero, superwash wool 60%, silk 20%, viscose 20%.


15 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I went to a quilt show a while ago, quilters are so skilled, I wouldn't have the patience!

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

I absolutely love the quilt you won!! Pink and brown!! What a crafty weekend you had.

Oh, and the Acero...yummy. Disco bought some gorgeous purplish color. Love yours.

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Jo said...

What a cute kitty - he has such a smily face :)

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Soo said...

your mom's quilt is absolutely stunning. And what good taste she has to have Kaffe stuff in her stash!!! (Biased? Me?)

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Hot damn, quilts, kitties AND yarn all in one post!? My poor eyes, trying to take it all in!!!

I went to my first "real" quilt show in SoCal...

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger bmom said...

Quilting is so much fun too. But whenever I go to shows.....I feel unworthy of calling myself a quilter! The workmanship there is incredible.

Love the shawl color - can't wait to see how it progresses.

 
At 4:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The quilt show sounds like it was fun! They are so pretty!

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Wow those quilts are amazing - how do they have the patience?? (Mind you, they probably say that about knitters!)

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger KG said...

Wow-- I think you should have bought Mrs. Fasset's quilt, that is one gorgeous piece of art! Amazing that there are people so talented in the world.
Someday we'll have to go to Amish country, their work is different but also amazing. Near my birthplace.

Cary is still far more handsome.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Beverly said...

I've never been to a quilt show, but it sounds fun. I don't quilt (can't stand sewing) but I love looking at other people's work.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Em said...

The quilt you bought is very pretty! Cute kitty too! Glad he found a happy home. :)

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Marisol said...

looks pretty --your new shawl!

Nice quilt too:)

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Oh that Acero is lovely yarn! Nice quilt you won too!

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Mmmm....Acero.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger weezalana said...

His name was Sleepy. Of course his name was Sleepy!

Gorgeous quilt, congrats on a winning bid!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home