a dillydallyknitter: It's a Sock Thang

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

It's a Sock Thang


It's Soctoberfest and our lovely hostess, Lolly asked us to share our sock history.

Q: When did you start making socks?
A: April of this year

Q:Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class?
A:I learned in sock class

Q:What was your first pair?
A:A pair of pink socks using Lana Grossa Meilenweit 100 Magico

Q:How have they "held up" over time?
A:So far, so good! (My Koigu socks felted a bit on the bottom but I kinda like it)

Q:What would you have done differently?
A:Nothing-I'm happy with them. Turning a heel was (is still) cool.

Q: What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?
A: Lorna's Laces, Koigu, Sunshine Yarns

Q:Do you like to crochet your socks?
A:No or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method? I like using 5 Brittany Birch DPNs (size 0 to 2)but I've yet to try magic loop/2 circs or toe up.

Q:Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?)
A:I only know how to make heel flaps

Q:How many pairs have you made?
A: 8 to date. (6 for me, 1 for my sister and 1 for my OSSP) 2 FO's: 1 pair of black socks for my Dad and a pair using Sunshine yarns in a pattern designed by Soap Fiber Gal


6 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

They look so good all bundled in that basket! (Much nicer than what my handknit socks in my sock drawer look like!)

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

so cute! Basket o socks!

I love mine too. Wear them as soon as they're out of the wash!

And I really like that one in progress!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Cute basket o'socks!! Hey is that the dragonfly yarn? OMY! That is turning out verrrry nice! :)

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Casey said...

The socks you made for me ROCK! :)

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Batty said...

That's a great picture of your socks. Keep up the good work, and happy socktoberfest!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger soapy said...

Great job! Those socks are coming along nicely too! Happy knitting!
Keep up the great work! Before you know it, your drawer will be full! ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home