a dillydallyknitter: At Last! Socks That Rock

Friday, October 20, 2006

At Last! Socks That Rock

Last weekend, Leftcoastknitter and I went to the Grand Opening of a new yarn shop,Purlescence. The shop is cozy and friendly and one of the owners is Nathania, the creater of the 12:01 Pumpkin basket pattern.

The highlight of the trip was that I finally got to fondle the much talked about Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock. They had some lucious colorways so it was hard to restrain myself and pick out only a few to bring home.

First up is a colorway called Lagoon. It's meant for a gift, but I liked it so much, I bought one for me, hehe.

Deep blues and greens--darker than they appear here






Next up is a colorway called Love-in-Idleness

Deep teal, maroons, greens, purples and dark pink



Last up are some socks I'm sending to my buddy Zknitter for a swap. This is Sock Candy yarns (96% cotton) in the Lapis colorway:



And I close with Lolly's Soctoberfest question of the week:

Where have your handknit socks been?

I just learned sock knitting this year and haven't been able to afford any exotic vacations so my socks have stayed local.

What is the furtherst they have traveled?

Seattle, Wa

16 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Lovely yarn!! Yummy! I so can't wait to get my paws on mine!! ;) My poor socks..the farthest they've been is to Charlotte LOL! ;)

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Mmmm...pretty! And the color you picked for Zonda is perfect!

Hmm, my socks haven't traveled much either. Wait, does that question include who you've sent socks to? Or just the ones you've kept for yourself?

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh oh oh! Lagoon is one of my fave STR colors. I scored some in Seduction, and it is so heavenly silky.

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I'd have bought the Lagoon for myself too!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Drool, drool. Love that STR.

My socks have been to France, and to various agricultural shows around the UK ;)

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Hey! The farthest away my socks have been is Seattle Too!

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been coveting that yarn... so pretty!

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Drooling over here!! They are all so pretty. Mmmmmmm.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Rain said...

They are both seriously gorgeous.

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

Oh do I know how you feel girl! STR is full of vibrant colors! I see you have the light weight which is something I want to try. Right now this med. weight is a little thicker than I like but it's STR so that's ok with me. Loving the Lagoon colorway!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Oh, I love those greens! I've been on a green kick lately, and those are gorgeous.

 
At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, this is definitely an amazing yarn haul - such goodies! I can't pick a favorite for the life of me, they all look fantastic and heavenly to work with - great color choices too! I'm looking forward to seeing what you're going to make with all that yarn! Happy Knitting!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger soapy said...

Love the colors especially the lagoon!! and boy is Zonda one lucky gal!!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

loving the blues and the greens

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger weezalana said...

Sooooo prettty! Must. stop. drooling. on. keyboard...

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Tokyo Knitter said...

They are all so beautiful! I really want to try knitting with those!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home