a dillydallyknitter: Secret Pal Goodness!!

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Secret Pal Goodness!!



After two days of yarn overload I didn't think I could take anymore but it turns out that, if yarn indulgence was an Olympic Sport, I be in the Super-G. This afternoon, after waking up from a yarn coma this afternoon I shuffled out to check the mail box and found...a package from my Secret Pal!! All the way from the UK!

If SP packages have a theme, this one would be "luxury". My SP wrote me a lovely note and included: a yummy bar of chocolate (which will be gone by morning), some pretty, pretty red & white handmade stitch markers, a cute little bar of "wool fat" soap, toys for the kitties (I can hear Mika batting one around downstairs as I type this), two packages of kitty treats (I was out of the room for FIVE minutes and came back to discover little kitty teeth marks in one of them), a copy of the One-Skein Wonder pattern...and....I must pause for a moment and compose myself:

2 balls of cashmere yarn and a skein of silk yarn. Let me repeat that: CASHMERE. AND. SILK. Cashmere in a luscious red colourway and silk in a candy-licious cherry, blue, brown, green, yellow colourway for the silk.










I'm swooning. I'm not sure if the silk yarn soaked in the scent of the wool soap on the way over or it's meant to smell this way, but it smells wonderful. I keep putting it up to my face and taking deep breaths. It's like yarn-a-romatherapy.

Kitties love cat treats!







I don't know who my SP is but I know (assume) that s/he lives in the UK and is wonderfully generous, thoughtful and kind! Thank you!!!

2 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Awesome yarn there! (oh and the treats too ;)

It looks so lovely...great pics btw!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Wow, you have a great secret pal. It's so sweet that she remembered the kitties, too! I bet it was Cary that left the teeth marks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home