a dillydallyknitter: Knitting dishcloths on the train….

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Knitting dishcloths on the train….

A few days ago I started knitting dishcloths on the commuter train I take into the City every day from the ‘burbs. I’m reading “Knitting Heaven and Earth” by Susan Gordon Lydon. The book talks about the emotional ties we have to our handcrafts and I think this need to knit something as basic and simple as a dishcloth is my reaction to the watching the horrors of the Hurricane stories as well as changes in my personal world (my job is being eliminated at the end of this month). The feel of the cotton, so basic and clean, turning into something so common in the home is comforting to me. So I sit on the train and knit my worries away… one dishcloth at a time

2 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Lumina said...

Hey, sorry I forgot to mention. For spam like the one above. turn on your word verification.

See ya,
Maizzy

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Please post your dish towel pictures when you're finished. If you have an inkling, my kitchen is blue and white...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home