a dillydallyknitter: WIP Wednesday---Update on My Near FO's

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

WIP Wednesday---Update on My Near FO's

After the mini-disaster I had last weekend, I repaired and re-blocked my Magic Shawl. I've renamed it as my Maui shawl since I knit the bulk of it there so it will always remind me of vacation:

It's a simple and a fast knit shawl(even in Cpurl time)

Brook's Farm Acero:

Here's my Capitan hat with the wonky brim that I need to rip and re-do. Those of you who have knit one, do you think it would benefit from a light interfacing? I'm using Cascade baby alpaca so the knitted fabric doesn't have any body.

I want to finish another shawl and some Fiber Trend clogs for the Seasocks cruise but before I can do those, I have THIS deadline:

A baby shower! Did I mention she's having twins?

I didn't want to knit another Mason Dixon baby kimono's so the KTPT Knit group helped me pick out a new baby project. (Mostly me asking J, "Would you put S (her son) in this?") I picked the baby pullover from Knitting Pure & Simple in Dream in Color Classy "Beach Fog". OK, no more blogging, must knit on!!

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At 4:20 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Is your brim too floppy? From that picture I can't tell--you look so cute in it!

You could always put a piece of interfacing in there and see how it feels before you stitch it closed.

 
At 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think both look great! I LOVE the shawl and the color!

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Ooohh, the shawl is gorgeous. And it's so great to have a knit that will always take you right back to a wonderful vacation.

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Discoknits said...

The brim doesn't look too floppy at all (IMHO). I just finished mine last night and am debating whether it is too small - maybe I'm just not used to wearing hats!

The shawl is very pretty and I love the baby blue yarn for the shower gift :-) Have you tried the Baby Surprise Jacket - it is cute and pretty easy/quick to knit.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

The hat looks great on this end.

The shawl and baby sweater are continuing that beautiful blue! That shawl wil be a great memory of your trip.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger weezalana said...

Your Maui shawl is so pretty! Such a gorgeous, deep ocean blue. And El Capitan looks fab on you!

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Beverly said...

The shawl is pretty. I love when simple patterns come out looking so complicated.

Sooooo jealous that you're going to Sea Socks.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger bmom said...

Your shawl is very pretty. And the hat looks so cute on you.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger KG said...

Look at those FRECKLES!!! what a cutie. And I notice the freckles because how is it that I have so many more wrinkles than you...

Countdown to Sea Socks! Woohoo!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

The hat looks adorable! You and Rowan can definately be twins with your matching Capitans! I kinda went either way on the interfacing...on you and sis it looks great...me it looked wonky, Snowboarder is "particular" and would definately want interfacing (and a slightly guy version I guess).

How pretty is the shawl! Love it! And I love that baby sweater...but in Classy...perfect!!!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

LOVE the shawl. It's gorgeous! I won't touch the brim of the Capitan. It looks great to me. I think adding interfacing would make it look wonky. Leaving it out allows the brim to curve naturally with the hat.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Valkryie Knit This said...

hehee... That's the same day as MY baby shower, and I"m knitting like crazy to get my Mommy Snug done so I can wear it. :) Crazy? yes. Glad I"m in good company. :)

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Casey said...

I love the Maui Shawl. it's as blue was the water! I'm glad you got it done.

Good luck making the baby gifts!

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Virtuous said...

The shawl came out very nice Cpurl!

Twins!! Wow!! Double the knitting fun!! :o)

Happy Easter!!

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Rain said...

Twins! Hope you get everything done in time. Your shawl is gorgeous.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Your shawl is fabulous, and how lovely that when you wear it you will have all those wonderful memories.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home